What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Just off topic, but Gould being in the media has it's advantages. He has escaped the $20K fine the NRL hit him with a few months ago for saying that Rugby League is "stupid" over its officiating. If he wasn't in the media and said it with just wearing his Dogs Football Manager's hat it would have been a different story I bet.

Reactions: jak

since77

Juniors
Just off topic, but Gould being in the media has it's advantages. He has escaped the $20K fine the NRL hit him with a few months ago for saying that Rugby League is "stupid" over its officiating. If he wasn't in the media and said it with just wearing his Dogs Football Manager's hat it would have been a different story I bet.

To be fair, and I don't agree with a lot of what Gould says but he was spot on with his comments. The comments were in relation to the Bunker and I think in large part the Api Korisau disallowed try a few months back. Someone needed to say it.
The rules and the way they are refereed both on field and by the bunker are a deadset lucky dip at the moment. They ARE idiots. Gould was 100% right. Glad he evaded the fine in this case as it would have made any kind of negative feedback harder to make.

Dragon David

First Grade
To be fair, and I don't agree with a lot of what Gould says but he was spot on with his comments. The comments were in relation to the Bunker and I think in large part the Api Korisau disallowed try a few months back. Someone needed to say it.
The rules and the way they are refereed both on field and by the bunker are a deadset lucky dip at the moment. They ARE idiots. Gould was 100% right. Glad he evaded the fine in this case as it would have made any kind of negative feedback harder to make.
Agreed. I'm just wondering what the NRL will do about all the f ck ups? Probably nothing!

I really feel Gould's role in the media is a conflict of interest (and same can be said with Anasta as a player agent and host of NRL 360). Both have easy access to players through their media roles and can easily influence players and their decisions and can say they were only in discussions with them as part of that role.

And it may be paranoid but I still feel Gould has had some role to play in our misfortunes in recruitment and the Ryles debacle. It's clear he has a chip on his shoulder regarding us based on some of his ridiculous comments he's made about the club in the last 12 months.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the Storm has a very rigorous fitness regime and strong standards set for each individual player and are given key targets to suit the tough system they have in place down there. Even if they sign a marquee player, he is given a set target to achieve no matter what he knows or what his reputation is. A not so brilliant player, and they have quite a few in the squad, are given drills and KPI's to fulfil before they can be considered for first grade and they all know what they have to do.

That club has a blue print of how to play the game the Storm way and their system just allows the new players to adjust and play to that system. Bellamy would no doubt have had a hand in it and over time have fine tuned it. A player like Stefano for instance isn't brilliant but has the makings of a very good player under the Storm system. Look at Meaney. He was ok with initially the Knights and the Dogs but now under the Storm's/Bellamy's way, he plays so much better and of course young Tyran Wishart who looks the real goods.

I really envy what they have done (yes I know they have cheated the salary cap a few times and they did bring in some dicey tackling methods) but to be able to be in the top 8 and top 4 on a regular basis is unbelievable. That is why Bellamy keeps coaching that team, he knows he will have success even though it still would be hard work.
Just to re-iterate my thoughts on the Storm and Craig Bellamy and the success of the club.

Latest posts