What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
The problem with the bunker is that decisions need to be made relatively quickly to keep the game flowing. The furore happens post-game with the benefit of no time limit on reviews and commentary from a multitude of so-called experts.
I disagree. It should be quick. The bunker are the ones that look and look and look at microscopic ways in slow motion to basically not award things or overrule especially on captains challenges.
There is no need, one look at a certain angle then maybe other angles once make a quick decision on what you see, stop manufacturing ways anticipating they know what players are thinking or doing.
Slow mo should only when looking to see if ball touches ground.
Quick decision we move on
Since 1908 people have whinged decisions have been wrong in with hindsight after games it is just now people or cameras will come up with ways to prove it with time.
Its never been perfection, never will be

since77

Juniors
The problem with the bunker is that decisions need to be made relatively quickly to keep the game flowing. The furore happens post-game with the benefit of no time limit on reviews and commentary from a multitude of so-called experts.
But ------->>> 1. they rarely make decisions quickly. How many times have you seen the Bunker look at something 10 times or more when its obvious on 1st or 2nd look what the correct decision is?
2. When they do make decisions quickly they often miss something obvious - eg. obstruction try Manly scored against us a month or so ago that was obvious on first look and NRL admitted was wrong in the review.
3. There are uncountable examples where the Bunker gets it blatantly wrong and both commentators and fans are blowing up about it in real time. If we can see it why can't they? Going back to point 2, in that particular example even the Manly players knew it wasn't a try before it got reviewed! You can't blame lack of time for the Bunker's terrible success rate. They're just clueless idiots.

Dragons4me

Juniors
But ------->>> 1. they rarely make decisions quickly. How many times have you seen the Bunker look at something 10 times or more when its obvious on 1st or 2nd look what the correct decision is?
2. When they do make decisions quickly they often miss something obvious - eg. obstruction try Manly scored against us a month or so ago that was obvious on first look and NRL admitted was wrong in the review.
3. There are uncountable examples where the Bunker gets it blatantly wrong and both commentators and fans are blowing up about it in real time. If we can see it why can't they? Going back to point 2, in that particular example even the Manly players knew it wasn't a try before it got reviewed! You can't blame lack of time for the Bunker's terrible success rate. They're just clueless idiots.

I'm not defending the bunker. Just offering another point of view. There's always been contentious decisions that get argued about, with or without the bunker. I wonder if adding an experienced ex player to the bunker may help in decisions, or scrap it altogether. I never have confidence we'll win a bunker decision. Never.

Latest posts