What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Why would they do a medical during the season? He might do his ACL next week. Doesn't make any sense to me.
I"ve already posted that Saifiti's been ordinary for a while and not one I would have bothered with. However, there are a couple of theories around for his loss of form. First, O'Brien and POS are off with some of the senior players due to Newcastle's salary cap problems and list juggling. If so, Flanno may believe he can get the SOO level Saifiti back if he's happy at the Dragons. However, if a chronic shoulder injury is the real reason for his ordinary form, that could be a deal breaker. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the mid-season medical.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just popped in to see if there were any new signings…… nope. Back to the fetal position
You'll be in that fetal position for a long while I think. You might as well suck your thumb to comfort you Phantom V.

It seems that signings by the Dragons just take forever as if the recruitment people are the indecisive type and they like to procrastinate and ponder about the players they think the Dragons should approach. "Now do we want this guy? Will he fit in with our culture? Is the price his manager is asking too much and the term too long? Ummm, Ummmm, Ummm. Gee let us think about it. Ummmm, Ummm". "Oh yes, lets go for it. Wait, he just signed with the Bulldogs. How does Gus do it? How can he get the guy signed that quickly when we were thinking about signing him a month ago? It isn't fair. Well that's it then Flanno, we tried to get your man but the Bulldogs got him on a great deal really quickly. We thought we had him. Oh well better luck next time".:):):)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
You'll be in that fetal position for a long while I think. You might as well suck your thumb to comfort you Phantom V.

It seems that signings by the Dragons just take forever as if the recruitment people are the indecisive type and they like to procrastinate and ponder about the players they think the Dragons should approach. "Now do we want this guy? Will he fit in with our culture? Is the price his manager is asking too much and the term too long? Ummm, Ummmm, Ummm. Gee let us think about it. Ummmm, Ummm". "Oh yes, lets go for it. Wait, he just signed with the Bulldogs. How does Gus do it? How can he get the guy signed that quickly when we were thinking about signing him a month ago? It isn't fair. Well that's it then Flanno, we tried to get your man but the Bulldogs got him on a great deal really quickly. We thought we had him. Oh well better luck next time".:):):)
There may be an element of that DD but unfortunately, I feel most of the delay is at the other end. Players are just not attracted to coming to the Dragons and their player managers are having to convince them to come. Damien Cook talked about his love of Souths and the regrets he had in leaving. Luch was the only player I can think of who sounded overjoyed to be returning to the club.

BLM01

First Grade
Sloan playing in reserves today v Panthers was dropped not injured at training as reported by the club .
And they still lost. As i said earlier in the week. Someone said the orange bib was for injured players which is true and he was wearing it early in the week which was true.
Does not anyone think that may of have been a smokescreen for prying eyes...hmmm

Last edited:

Latest posts