What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dungay dragon

Juniors
"Val Holmes granted permission to negotiate with other clubs!! Dragons in the hot seat to get his services - Per ABC Sport"

has to be us.. perfect fit tbh
This one has been bubbling along for a few months
Good goalkicker
still has speed and better than what we have
good fit for us BUT GEE we need a leader {7}after today , and most of this season
Hunt should be shown the door

TheRev

First Grade
This one has been bubbling along for a few months
Good goalkicker
still has speed and better than what we have
good fit for us BUT GEE we need a leader {7}after today , and most of this season
Hunt should be shown the door
Yep honestly its a crazy good fit for Flanno, I thought we would have been chasing him from the moment Lomax left.. its just that he was in-contract.. and a better goalkicker than Lomax.

But yes we need a 7 into the Top30.. dunno how they fit him in or sell the opportunity.... its tricky cause unless Hunt goes early.. which is possible.. we cant play Hunt anywhere else.. i.e. at 9 or 14 when Liddle & Cook are fit.. so its 7 or nothing for hunt.. that said I thought Hunt was supposed to be playing 6 this year anyway...

saintmar

Juniors
Il stick my neck out here but I don’t think they are that stupid, well I’d like to think not.
What you mean of course we are
We are rumoured to be the leading contender to sign Val Holmes for the million he is on at the cows
‘Another overpaid underperformer
Not even half as good as Lomax
This coach is Hook 2 bringing in his old ex overpriced dud players

shiloh dc

Juniors
No too expensive. If on $1M - Cowboys would be looking to offload for say 650K. Holmes would only agree if he got a 2-3 year contract. So is he worth 650K? The guy is 29 and has been shown up a few times lately.
We need to be buying players at 23-25 yrs old with their best footy yet to be played not former great players.
Flanno - please scour the RL world and find a half/5/8 that can kick and defend.

redVinme

Bench
What you mean of course we are
We are rumoured to be the leading contender to sign Val Holmes for the million he is on at the cows
‘Another overpaid underperformer
Not even half as good as Lomax
This coach is Hook 2 bringing in his old ex overpriced dud players
Post proof he is on 1m a year.

TheRev

First Grade
Hunt needs to be released, Schuster at 6 and Flanagan at 7, until a better 7 option emerges for 2026
The problem is someone needs to want to take Hunt at full freight.. we cant be taking a haircut on that one.. and surely hes not gonna agree to go play 9 somewhere?

No too expensive. If on $1M - Cowboys would be looking to offload for say 650K. Holmes would only agree if he got a 2-3 year contract. So is he worth 650K?
I think Flanno will get Holmes happy to return but I dunno if we get away with less than full value here.. I know Flanno will try.. perhaps 50k off like the Cook deal..

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yep honestly its a crazy good fit for Flanno, I thought we would have been chasing him from the moment Lomax left.. its just that he was in-contract.. and a better goalkicker than Lomax.

But yes we need a 7 into the Top30.. dunno how they fit him in or sell the opportunity.... its tricky cause unless Hunt goes early.. which is possible.. we cant play Hunt anywhere else.. i.e. at 9 or 14 when Liddle & Cook are fit.. so its 7 or nothing for hunt.. that said I thought Hunt was supposed to be playing 6 this year anyway...
Hunt to Cowboys ?????????
The yarn or smother thru the week was Nicho Hynes heading North
Plenty to play out here

TheRev

First Grade
The only thing in our favour here is Val is on big coin & the contract still has to be paid.. so clubs cant bullsh** the contract.. they have to pay the amount on the paper... we might need to play him at fullback to justify.. but we do need a right ctr...

Zero Tackle says 875k for 2025.. sounds about right.. we could extend that by a year or 2.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The only thing in our favour here is Val is on big coin & the contract still has to be paid.. so clubs cant bullsh** the contract.. they have to pay the amount on the paper... we might need to play him at fullback to justify.. but we do need a right ctr...

Zero Tackle says 875k for 2025.. sounds about right.. we could extend that by a year or 2.
And a goal kicker and someone who can kick field goals.

SAP58

Juniors

Let’s get it done Flanno !