What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragons4me

Juniors
Being careful not to offend anyone here. It is hard to see the appeal of going there.
I lived in the Canterbury area for 11 years, before I saw the light and came back to Dragons territory. I really don't mean to personally offend anyone, but it really is a shit area. You'll never hear the comment "I signed on with the Dogs because it's a great place to live".

Gardenia

Juniors
Lawrie ain't going boxing... he could be a punching bag I guess.
Following on from sports he could take up
Possible career opportunities include;

Plus size Model
Professional Cuddler
Professional Binge watcher
Coding/tech
Food taster
Luxury House sitter
Sleep study participant
Security Guard!

Some of these sound great! I think ill start eating more

Stefano will leave the Tigers and sign up with the Bulldogs. If that happens, wow. Just wow.
DD if he was so good the Tigers w'd be traveling better over recent times instead of being cellar dwellers. Gotta say he has not impressed me, specially in the Dragons games. I say wait a short time and we will have our own big boppers and with slick skills, in the pack.

Parko1310

Juniors
Breaking News......
Blaize Tallagi has informed the Eels he WON'T be taking up an option to remain at the Club .....
He is expected to announce shortly who the new Club will be ...
Dragons in box seat ...
Amazing how the news of Holmes poss also on his way may have sped things up
He is going to Newcastle apparently.. has told the Dragons already they've been unsuccessful in getting him per SMH

Dragon David

First Grade
DD if he was so good the Tigers w'd be traveling better over recent times instead of being cellar dwellers. Gotta say he has not impressed me, specially in the Dragons games. I say wait a short time and we will have our own big boppers and with slick skills, in the pack.
My wowing, RedVHeartbeat, reflects on the Dogs just buying guys and no doubt dumping others that they already have rather than getting a "wow" of a player in the name of Stefano Utoikamanu who as you say and agree that he hasn't got the Tigers to be travelling better. I think he would do much better under Craig Bellamy than Ciraldo but lets see first where he will be next year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He is going to Newcastle apparently.. has told the Dragons already they've been unsuccessful in getting him per SMH
Yeah, another swing and a miss. The recruitment & retention is terrible. They couldn't even get it done with POS & he's already making them hurt. They have no idea how to sell the club to potential players & get deals done. Panthers the smokie - with brother having talked to them as well. Not a bad Luai replacement if it eventuates.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Knights signed Schiller aswell right, where r they playing these kids.. they got the fullback in waiting also Fletcher Sharpe... what the hell does PoS do to sign ppl.

Edit: Supposedly it might actually be Penrith.. which tbh is equally as confusing.. hes not gonna be a starting 6 surely..

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Dragons need a strong experienced figure to be head of recruiting & retention, like Gus at Dogs. Not a knock on Flanno, but he is coach & needs to have a say in that, but focus on being coach. The Dragons role has no direction - can't compete like that, especially with pros like Bulldogs, Panthers, Storm etc.

Dragon David

First Grade
Even doubtful we will land Holmes who will end up most probably at the Roosters with Townsend. Holmes to replace Manu and Townsend in the halves with Walker.

We end up with duck eggs again. I'm so mad and cranky that our club just cannot land anyone decent. Lomax signed ages ago with the Eels and still we cant get a replacement signed up.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Unless there is an independent investigation into our recruiting, we are wasting our time and will remain at the foot of the NRL ladder..
The review needs to interview numerous players we have missed recruiting to determine exactly what the issue are. It could be money, management, facilities, travel, team members or geography.
Only when we know this can tough decisions be made and we as a club can move forward.

redVinme

Bench
Unless there is an independent investigation into our recruiting, we are wasting our time and will remain at the foot of the NRL ladder..
The review needs to interview numerous players we have missed recruiting to determine exactly what the issue are. It could be money, management, facilities, travel, team members or geography.
Only when we know this can tough decisions be made and we as a club can move forward.

Mate I agree but if we think they are going to do a serious review which will lead to fingers pointing back at themselves I doubt that.

Dunning Kruger effect in play here. They will just blame the other clubs for being better or unfair rather than looking at themselves.

They can't even hire someone for the 2nd most important role in the club lol.