What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I was just looking at contracts last night, Sione and Couchmans r the standouts that r off contract in Nov... I could have sworn we had the Couchies well locked up.. so this is quite intriguing, esp given we are also signing bigger props.. hopefully Flanno can sort that out.. proper dragons kids with bright futures.
Yep Couchmen extended at the start of last year until end of 2025…thieves can approach Nov 1 this year…time to lock them down until end 2027 I reckon.

TheRev

First Grade
Yep Couchmen extended at the start of last year until end of 2025…thieves can approach Nov 1 this year…time to lock them down until end 2027 I reckon.
If I had of realised.. then there is a little bit more urgency to let Ryan play some 1st grade... tbf he gets his chance these next 2 weeks with his brother out... probably longer actually given BMM is out now.

He's been 18th man for a while.. but he must be a little frustrated.. I think Tobys game time has been good for his age.

Dragon David

First Grade
Can someone find out who the recruitment head at the Dragons is at the moment. Is it a somebody or a nobody? Is it someone or no-one? Is he a busy body or a slow body? Things don't appear to be happening there!!!!

I heard Flanno say that the Board has not given the green light on some of the "suggested" recruits. So it seems to me that there is the continuing problem in that room at the top with the old fuddy duddies at logger heads again.

By the time they come to their senses and reach an agreement the guys we are wanting could have flown the coop and we end up with no-one.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Someone will definitely snap them up if we don't. They are unironically better than all our other forwards. The Couchmen, halangahu, Latu and Tonga could easily replace our whole starting forward pack in the next few years bar Su'a probably.
I think Flanagan should start trialing these guys now if the rules allow?, there is absolutely nil chance they will make the 8 , Flanagan is falling into the Hook dilemma where there is no progress once the season is still mathematically possible to make the 8 so the same old hacks are rolled out week after week

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Yeah, the Couchmen have definitely put on weight & grown in confidence since 2023. Also, great to remember they’re not 21 for another 6 weeks.
tbh I don't get the talk about their bodyweight. I've never seen either of them get pushed over in a tackle. Bodyweight defo plays a part in being a forward ofc but being 90-100kg isn't bad. It's more about how powerful you are and how strong your leg drive is. The Couchmen aren't meant to be one of those 121kg wrecking balls. They're big, strong, athletic, skilful and quite fast - Toby almost ran down Teddy a few weeks ago while everyone else just stood and watched. We need forwards like the Couchmen.

Dragon David

First Grade
Somebody has jumped the gun and have put Stefano Utoikamanu signed up to the Bulldogs on Wikipedia - not reliable source of course but most times is right.

No mention on Homes and Saifiti on Wiki coming to us.

Nanadragon

Juniors
The same message I get whenever I've tried to get into Jubilee Ave. No one ever seems to do anything about it though.
By the way the ads on this page are getting insane. I'm now getting a video player bottom right hand corner every page I go to. Time for an ad blocker methinks.
I'm getting the annoying ad too on each new page.

Dragon David

First Grade
Maybe it was Gus just doing an update???
I am betting that Stefano ends up at the Dogs. The usual late announcement but possibly have spoken to him weeks ago but not in the coffee section of the Canterbury Leagues Club - just quietly giving him how great the club will be next year. I think with his wife and child being settled in Sydney and near family and friend is what Stefano would want to maintain. If he was single, he would go to the Storm for sure.