What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
Makes a lot of sense

It's that on-the-run 6 again that seems to escape any scrutiny, not the penalties nor the Bins or send-offs.

The 6 again calls, are potentially the greatest weapon to swing a game without accountability. Whether sub-conscious or deliberate from the ref. In the wrong hands a very suss rule.

I don't like them (6 again) at all!
I absolutely despise the 6 again rule.
It’s left up to the discretion of one person & don’t tell me he or she isn’t influenced by certain players from some clubs with their constant badgering of the ref & throwing their arms up.
I also wonder why Fox Co don’t include them in their halftime/fulltime stats as these days.

Rant Over.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So we hear many days later that the Canberra Raider fan with the drum was assaulted by Dogs fans. Fearing for his life. He said luck they won or god knows what would have happened. Wow. If that was Saints it would have been all over the news and Braith would be blowing up delux on NRL360. The media is so biased towards teams it is not funny. How protected are the Dogs and it really just shows how much power Gus has.

Sage63

Juniors
So we hear many days later that the Canberra Raider fan with the drum was assaulted by Dogs fans. Fearing for his life. He said luck they won or god knows what would have happened. Wow. If that was Saints it would have been all over the news and Braith would be blowing up delux on NRL360. The media is so biased towards teams it is not funny. How protected are the Dogs and it really just shows how much power Gus has.
So how about someone contacting Andrew Webster on Sydney morning Herald website and see what he has to say?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How about all this blow up about Moses might be seeking a release on NRL360 the other day. Caryannis was on the panel during the discussion. Braith and Gordy were going off deluxe.

They were supporting the team that were talking to Lomax when he had 2 years to go on his deal. Was hoping Carryanis would remind them that being a Saints fan. Lomax was not happy and they pounced. Roosters doing exactly the same. Moses not happy and the Roosters are "monitoring" the situation just like Parra commented on when Lomax was sour. Looks like Ryles has come in, tapped players on the shoulder and since then players looking to get out. It's gone south since then.

How funny would it be if Moses leaves and Parra struggle the next few years whilst Dragons are finals bound every year going forward. They were not good enough for Ryles apparently. Saints dodged a bullet big time. How lucky he backed out. You never know Lomax may have a clause which is common for Parra to get a release if Moses is gone.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
How about all this blow up about Moses might be seeking a release on NRL360 the other day. Caryannis was on the panel during the discussion. Braith and Gordy were going off deluxe.

They were supporting the team that were talking to Lomax when he had 2 years to go on his deal. Was hoping Carryanis would remind them that being a Saints fan. Lomax was not happy and they pounced. Roosters doing exactly the same. Moses not happy and the Roosters are "monitoring" the situation just like Parra commented on when Lomax was sour. Looks like Ryles has come in, tapped players on the shoulder and since then players looking to get out. It's gone south since then.

How funny would it be if Moses leaves and Parra struggle the next few years whilst Dragons are finals bound every year going forward. They were not good enough for Ryles apparently. Saints dodged a bullet big time. How lucky he backed out. You never know Lomax may have a clause which is common for Parra to get a release if Moses is gone.
All good points mate, I’m sure.

I personally don’t care for any of the media circus.

Theyre corporate gossip columnists and boofheads.

TruSaint

Referee
Makes a lot of sense

It's that on-the-run 6 again that seems to escape any scrutiny, not the penalties nor the Bins or send-offs.

The 6 again calls, are potentially the greatest weapon to swing a game without accountability. Whether sub-conscious or deliberate from the ref. In the wrong hands a very suss rule.

I don't like them (6 again) at all!

As you and @blacksafake have articulated, the 6 again is a stain on the game.

It has changed the very fabric of Rugby League. Our game was never meant to have arbitrary calls resetting the tackle count at will. There's a reason we have penalties and sin bins. They are also subjective but subject to scrutiny. The ref ( rightly or wrongly ) calls off side, ruck infringement, high tackle etc.

The 6 again has zero accountability as the game still flows. The callers just mention it, and the fans sit there thinking " what was that for ".

The game was fine before it. Too many rule changes and bear in mind, now its ONE ref making all the calls. I fricken hate it.

since77

Juniors
The 6 again has zero accountability as the game still flows. The callers just mention it, and the fans sit there thinking " what was that for ".
Not only this but it is nearly ALWAYS refereed differently for the two teams. How many times have you seen one team get six again after six again down one end of the field, only to see the other team get nothing down the opposite end of the field when the opposition is doing exactly the same things. Its infuriating.

Not only this but it is nearly ALWAYS refereed differently for the two teams. How many times have you seen one team get six again after six again down one end of the field, only to see the other team get nothing down the opposite end of the field when the opposition is doing exactly the same things. Its infuriating.
Then the count is "evened up" when the game is done and dusted.

I wish I had a stronger word than 'infuriating'

Inisai Toga

Juniors

It has changed the very fabric of Rugby League. Our game was never meant to have arbitrary calls resetting the tackle count at will. There's a reason we have penalties and sin bins. They are also subjective but subject to scrutiny. The ref ( rightly or wrongly ) calls off side, ruck infringement, high tackle etc.

The game was fine before it. Too many rule changes and bear in mind, now it’s ONE ref making all the calls. I fricken hate it.
Couldn’t agree more! Amazing that everyone I speak to hates it just as much as the blow out scores 48-38 type games. Yet, you never seem to hear any comment on it through the media…?

Dragon David

First Grade

The game was fine before it. Too many rule changes and bear in mind, now its ONE ref making all the calls. I fricken hate it.
So many of us do Tru. They happen a lot to us when the opposition is in our red zone. It's like the Ref just looks for the slightest off side or infringement and calls it. I think the Cowboys and us are the worst ones hit by the 6 agains when teams are in our red zone. It's the repeat ones of maybe 3 or 4 that you know the opposition will score you can bet on it. The refs are loving it. They have the control stick to stick us up, the bastards.

BLM01

First Grade
Couldn’t agree more! Amazing that everyone I speak to hates it just as much as the blow out scores 48-38 type games. Yet, you never seem to hear any comment on it through the media…?
Here is one I also don’t agree with and may be alone on this
I think the Captains challenge has a place for certain errors by the ref that are facts but these days they challenge anything so the bunker can micro manage discretionary rulings
It is over the top snd slows the game down especially when the ref is overruled not on facts but interpretation
My rant done

RedVee

First Grade
The 6 agains causes me to worry about how many are called by the bunker?

The best captain’s challenge / bunker “rule” was in our game with Newcastle at Jubilee about 5 years ago. Neither of us could make the semis so they used an experimental rule where the ref would rule tries and the defensive Capt could have a challenge on the try. From memory it was one each (one per half?) and there were none used in the first half - the game was played basically like the way we used to play footy, the half flew by!

Anyone else remember this?

BLM01

First Grade
The 6 agains causes me to worry about how many are called by the bunker?

The best captain’s challenge / bunker “rule” was in our game with Newcastle at Jubilee about 5 years ago. Neither of us could make the semis so they used an experimental rule where the ref would rule tries and the defensive Capt could have a challenge on the try. From memory it was one each (one per half?) and there were none used in the first half - the game was played basically like the way we used to play footy, the half flew by!

Anyone else remember this?
I do but I think they could use it apart from a try scoring situations like a knock on? but whatever it was restricted and basic as it should be

Latest posts