What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragsters

First Grade
I dont really know what to think about this one, he wanted to stay at the cows, his manager went to the Roosters, and when things have fallen over he comes to the Dragons. Does this indicate he wanted to come to the Dragons to be part of something special that may be building or oh shit, I better take the money when I can because no other club is offering it. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and he comes with the attitude that we so desperately need. I watched Staggs smoke him on the weekend, anyway if it happens welcome to the club mate, we desperately need you at your best.
I think it's more likely that all the to-ing and fro-ing is just negotiating tactics.

Good outcome in the end.

That's 2 X quality players confirmed along with Cookie and hopefully more to come.

This season has been a big overachieving one already and next year is starting to look serious...

I sort of understand how you feel.
I was starting to feel the same way after last night's ridiculous judiciary hearing.
Somebody forces their nose into your mouth what are you supposed to do, open wider.
If it had been a storm or panther player, completely different result.
I am just hanging on by a thread for now.
NRL is treating us like chumps, stringing us along but not giving us any chance for success.
The honest truth this has been going on for years but it’s hard to cut ties with.

We grew up with the game in better days so it us part of us but the way it is run in such an openly inequitable way has made it harder and harder to love. The behind the scenes stuff that goes on would be the worst part. Vlandys and Politis love for each other and the dogs and Storm currently also with a hold on player recruitment when these clubs have been caught and outed for cheating in a time when it was all more transparent

As much as we detest the cheating, as much as our club fails to keep itself competitive due to its own failings, we just keep coming up for more.

I’ll hang around for more of this rubbish as I suppose I’m rusted on but don’t blame dragon David one bit. Hope he is back posting today. We finally had some positive news.

I’m still waiting for the day for us to be back in semi finals with the red and white iconic crowd heaving and cheering all for the commentator to acknowledge “the game is just not the same with the Dragons playing finals” when in reality the game is mighty fine with us being oppressed and held down if it suits their agenda.

TheRev

First Grade
That's 2 high profile kills now with hopefully a 3rd to come with a big prop.. I think that's the base we needed to show players that were no longer on the nose.. fringe top 8 side on the way up with some quality names coming.

Once we get the prop, then the rest is a bonus.. we might grab some other players off the back of bird/rava going (bird playing on the weekend might not be a coincidence), and we also need to retain some players, Couchmans in particular are something we will want to wrap up.. we want to get some positive vibes happening in this joint.

dungay dragon

Juniors
That's 2 high profile kills now with hopefully a 3rd to come with a big prop.. I think that's the base we needed to show players that were no longer on the nose.. fringe top 8 side on the way up with some quality names coming.

Once we get the prop, then the rest is a bonus.. we might grab some other players off the back of bird/rava going (bird playing on the weekend might not be a coincidence), and we also need to retain some players, Couchmans in particular are something we will want to wrap up.. we want to get some positive vibes happening in this joint.
Still thinking Schuster will be announced shortly
If hes got his attitude right and training hard with his own personal trainers , could be an amazing pick up
5/8 or loose forward , multi talented ball player
RCG or Corey next
LKT promotion
pieces to the puzzle just about complete

hewi

Bench
I’m confused we let go a younger bloke on similar money who did not want to be at St George and replace him with an older bloke on the same money that the press said didn’t want to leave Townsville. Surely it’s to be a centre not fullback and if that’s the case it’s very big money.

sammymills

Juniors
I dont think we are out of the race with Corey, so what he was spotted at bulldogs club, the bloke has to explore his options. Heilum Luki flew down and toured our facilities and we didnt end up getting him. Dogs must be near their cap you would think (surely) and he is too big a risk to punt anyone good to get him over the line.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I’m confused we let go a younger bloke on similar money who did not want to be at St George and replace him with an older bloke on the same money that the press said didn’t want to leave Townsville. Surely it’s to be a centre not fullback and if that’s the case it’s very big money.
Dont believe everything in the media
Lot of manager propaganda floated about
Like an on going soap opera

TheRev

First Grade
Still thinking Schuster will be announced shortly
If hes got his attitude right and training hard with his own personal trainers , could be an amazing pick up
5/8 or loose forward , multi talented ball player
RCG or Corey next
LKT promotion
pieces to the puzzle just about complete
o Re Props: With Val gone the rumour was Cows wanted RCG with his cash.. so im not sure how that plays out.. Corey seems like our preffered but the dogs r in there and the raiders need to pay freight yet.. regardless as long as we get atleast 1 of these guys.. even Saifiti, 1 quality prop so our pack is stronger in 2025.

o Re 5/8's: I've been thinking a lot about Schuster.. I reckon Flanno has been working rly closely with him as the most likely (if not only) club that would sign him.. but there is a huge overlap with LKT if hes a "pure 6".. so I think we want him.. but can we fit him? There will be a trade off to depth somewhere else... maybe even a Train & Trial initially, at least get him here for an off-season.

o Re 7's: This is where it gets more interesting imo.. Marshke isnt a 7, Schuster isnt a 7, LKT isnt a 7 or atleast not for a few years (if ever), so this comes back to when is Hunt retiring.. this is a problem im sure he will look out after the season finishes.. and the first steps were Holmes and the Prop.. then offload Bird/Rava and free some slots up.. then we can look at this halves jigsaw.

Last edited:
If we get Schuster i think we play him as a ball playing lock as King-Togia should be our future 6.

Daniel Saifiti apparently did a medical with us a few weeks ago and we are negotiating with Knights about how much they should contribute to his salary. I think we'll get Saifiti as the prop signing.

TheRev

First Grade
I am not as confident on Glover as you guys.. ive mentioned before that its very hard to assess halves.. there are so many external factors that influence their success (i.e. that are out of their control).. and he is filling in the nsw cup role.. but i think hes gone as soon as someone better comes.. he also has a rly weak boot imo.. goalkicks struggle to get over the bar, and kicks for touch sometimes end up making 10 metres.. I think that alone is enough to give an indication he wont make first grade..

The advantage that these big kicking teams get is immense.. the weekend was the perfect example, we actually beat a forward pack for once.. and it meant nothing with burton just kicking them back out of their end.

Last edited:

Runner

Juniors
I am not as confident on Glover as you guys.. ive mentioned before that its very hard to assess halves.. there are so many external factors.. he is filling in the role in nsw cup but i think hes gone as soon as someone better comes.. he also has a rly weak boot also.. goalkicks struggle to get over the bar, and kicks for touch sometimes end up making 10 metres.. I think that alone is enough to give an indication he wont make first grade..

The advantage that these big kicking teams get is immense.. the weekend was the perfect example, we actually beat a forward pack for once.. and it meant nothing with burton just kicking them back out of their end.
Agree on all those points. I don’t think he is what we need or will be looking for in NRL.

Parko1310

Juniors
I am not as confident on Glover as you guys.. ive mentioned before that its very hard to assess halves.. there are so many external factors.. he is filling in the role in nsw cup but i think hes gone as soon as someone better comes.. he also has a rly weak boot also.. goalkicks struggle to get over the bar, and kicks for touch sometimes end up making 10 metres.. I think that alone is enough to give an indication he wont make first grade..

Yeah Glover wouldn't even be in the conversation. LKT, Reed, Marchske and Brown (if they were to sign on in some capacity), even Ward and Quinn would have more of a chance. Glover was just a fill in because we couldn't get any halves from anywhere for second grade in the short term. Plays with effort and he impressed me in the charity shield in that regard, but he's not ever going to be a first grader

TheRev

First Grade
Yeah Glover wouldn't even in the conversation. LKT, Reed, Marchske and Brown (if they were to sign on in some capacity), even Ward and Quinn would have more of a chance. Glover was just a fill in because we couldn't get any halves from anywhere for second grade in the short term. Plays with effort and he impressed me in the charity shield in that regard, but he's not ever going to be a first grader
Yep that part bolded, tbf he has enabled nsw cup to have a half decent season (still in finals contention).. he runs at the line, he puts in the effort areas like supporting line breaks & cleaning up in defence, and hes 22yrs old.. its a good effort, but geez it would be nice to have Hunt's replacement in that NSW Cup #7 jersey.

Biglance

Bench
I am not as confident on Glover as you guys.. ive mentioned before that its very hard to assess halves.. there are so many external factors.. he is filling in the role in nsw cup but i think hes gone as soon as someone better comes.. he also has a rly weak boot though.. goalkicks struggle to get over the bar, and kicks for touch sometimes end up making 10 metres.. I think that alone is enough to give an indication he wont make first grade..

I feel not many people are watching the nswrl games. Although glover has improved over the last 4 or 5 weeks, a better half or having marcheske fit would have is as a top 3 side in nsw cup

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
agree hence saying we may want to keep Glover on as a TT

but I would need to see a significant kicking game improvement by Glover in 2025 NSW Cup

LKT looked smooth on the weekend as a half. Flano said in his pre game chat he really doesn't see a difference between a few 6 and 7 ie he said "number on their back only". Obviously different roles but doesn't matter what number u where.

Im intrigued if LKT sneaks up on us part way through 2025 NSW Cup season and starts becoming a better organiser to compliment his natural attacking game going to the line.