What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Word

Juniors
Interesting that Dragons have given Volkman a confidential settlement. This could mean two things. They were forced into it and never want to see his face again OR goodwill gesture leading to his resigning?
From reading the story the only thing that's clear is that the RLPA helped him secure a $175,000 compensation payment, which was the gap in lost earnings.

That basically means one of the two teams have realised they have liability (if it was tested in court), no way they would have paid otherwise.

However, the details have remained confidential, so it could just as easily be the Warriors that have made the payment?

St Tangles

Bench
From reading the story the only thing that's clear is that the RLPA helped him secure a $175,000 compensation payment, which was the gap in lost earnings.

That basically means one of the two teams have realised they have liability (if it was tested in court), no way they would have paid otherwise.

However, the details have remained confidential, so it could just as easily be the Warriors that have made the payment?
Reading the article he received compensation for the injury

I would say the Wahs have paid

I could be wrong but there is no specifics as to who paid in the article

Dragon David

First Grade
Reading the article he received compensation for the injury

I would say the Wahs have paid

I could be wrong but there is no specifics as to who paid in the article

This -
and this -

Dragon David

First Grade

Jack Bird has met with Tigers about a potential move.
Good luck to him. Bird does have a wealth of experience and he probably would give Benji some good options on his use of Bird if he can strike up a deal that Bird would be happy with.

Bird did play a good game for us against the Titans last weekend. He isn't brilliant but as we know quite a capable player on his good days.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Good luck to him. Bird does have a wealth of experience and he probably would give Benji some good options on his use of Bird if he can strike up a deal that Bird would be happy with.

Bird did play a good game for us against the Titans last weekend. He isn't brilliant but as we know quite a capable player on his good days.

Agree David.

When fit, Flanno has preferred Birdy over the youngsters. I reckon Benji sees experienced players similar to Flanno's use of "old heads" to lift them of the bottom of the table.

Judging by that Fox Sports story, Benji sounds fairly keen on a possible move for Bird to the Tigers.
If true, a multi year deal would be very appealing to Bird.
Hopefully gets done soon, freeing up more cap space for the Dragons in 2025, and more room for another signing by Flanagan soon.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I just can not imagine any team in the comp doing another multi year deal on a player that has had two ACL recos

the odds of coming back as a serious athlete if a 3rd reco is needed is buckleys

there is only a few who have done that ever and from Rylz had two or three recos in his early years 16-19yrs old ?

backs don’t come back stronger after two recos as we have seen with Birdy now vs years ago pre recos

Como Connection

First Grade

Jack Bird has met with Tigers about a potential move.
Judging by that Fox Sports story, Benji sounds fairly keen on a possible move for Bird to the Tigers.
If true, a multi year deal would be very appealing to Bird.
Hopefully gets done soon, freeing up more cap space for the Dragons in 2025, and more room for another signing by Flanagan soon.
Max F please.
CC

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I just can not imagine any team in the comp doing another multi year deal on a player that has had two ACL recos

the odds of coming back as a serious athlete if a 3rd reco is needed is buckleys

there is only a few who have done that ever and from Rylz had two or three recos in his early years 16-19yrs old ?

backs don’t come back stronger after two recos as we have seen with Birdy now vs years ago pre recos
Adam Doueihi 3 Recos so far ,hopefully he continues next year, they're resting him now till next year..

TheRev

Coach
Dont think the tigers are taking bird, but I have to say the overlap with Doueihi seems like almost the same player, im not sure why youd want 2 of them.