What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Sounds like if Bird goes, Max F stays??
I think in an ideal world where Flanno is confident he can get rid of all 4 (Rava, Lawrie, Bird, Fifita), then def Max and Eisenhuth are there..

But.. if hes not sure.. hes going to have to think very carefully about who he prioritises.. and im very curious about the Gutho rumour.. cause that replaces Marschke and then some.. but I dunno what position he is interested in him playing exactly..

SGMax

Juniors
I think in an ideal world where Flanno is confident he can get rid of all 4 (Rava, Lawrie, Bird, Fifita), then def Max and Eisenhuth are there..

But.. if hes not sure.. hes going to have to think very carefully about who he prioritises.. and im very curious about the Gutho rumour.. cause that replaces Marschke and then some.. but I dunno what position he is interested in him playing exactly..
The Rev, not sure if Gutho rumour was just a distraction to take attention from Moses...I would be going all out for him or Sam Walker to take over from Hunt asap.

Rava, Lawrie, Bird, Russell and Mulheisen are the ones reported to be cut loose.
No mention of BMM, Marshcke, Fifita, Fa'amanu Brown etc.

Although I like BMM's input and Marschke has been handy cover, imagine all the above being replaced with upgrades...maybe over two years??
I am still hopeful we can make something of Fifita over the off season

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Gus mentioned on his six tackles podcast one club in particular is making a lot of noise about Gutho seeing if he is available but won’t reveal the club, surely its the Dragons.
I’d say almost definitely.

He definitely fits the profile. Quality veteran. High end leader. Still performing. Great mentor.

Flanno obviously sees a golden crop of kids coming through and building for the future and aiming to contend at the same time.

TheRev

Coach
The Rev, not sure if Gutho rumour was just a distraction to take attention from Moses...I would be going all out for him or Sam Walker to take over from Hunt asap.

Rava, Lawrie, Bird, Russell and Mulheisen are the ones reported to be cut loose.
No mention of BMM, Marshcke, Fifita, Fa'amanu Brown etc.

Although I like BMM's input and Marschke has been handy cover, imagine all the above being replaced with upgrades...maybe over two years??
I am still hopeful we can make something of Fifita over the off season
I thought the Gutho rumour was just Hoopers usual hot air, but im realising it might be legit.. I think we are the club whos interested.. but this assumes the Eels do actually want him gone... and they did just sign a fullback... but I guess there could be other clubs, dolphins perhaps?

All those other guys you mention (Russell, Muhleissen, BMM, Marshke) are gone, literally we are chock full on our Top30 once we get whichever prop <RCG/Saifiti/Horse> we can land.

I will say that we need someone for halves injury cover.. so its either Bird or we need to get rid of 1 player to fit whoever that cover is going to be.. I think we will know more after this weekends game as to whether Bird is as a serious halves cover option.

Dragon David

First Grade
I just can not imagine any team in the comp doing another multi year deal on a player that has had two ACL recos

the odds of coming back as a serious athlete if a 3rd reco is needed is buckleys

there is only a few who have done that ever and from Rylz had two or three recos in his early years 16-19yrs old ?

backs don’t come back stronger after two recos as we have seen with Birdy now vs years ago pre recos
The Tigers will have Doueihi with ACL probs and if they sign Bird they will have probs.