What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Hoping any Kangaroo connection between Val and Regan may sway him towards the Dragons.

I have to say unless we have backed down from the two years we have offered him he will go elsewhere if offered three which he wants.

Hoping any Kangaroo connection between Val and Regan may sway him towards the Dragons.

I have to say unless we have backed down from the two years we have offered him he will go elsewhere if offered three which he wants.
Think RCG would be struggling to find a 3 year deal anywhere in the NRL, unless a club caves to his request.
He will more than likely go to the club that can offer him the best 2 year deal, maybe with an option in favour of that club thrown in.
The announcement must be looming soon.

TheRev

Coach
Think RCG would be struggling to find a 3 year deal anywhere in the NRL, unless a club caves to his request.
He will more than likely go to the club that can offer him the best 2 year deal, maybe with an option in favour of that club thrown in.
The announcement must be looming soon.
Yup for sure it'll be a 2yr contract, could be money or it could be Gould weaving a spell.. he probably didnt want to announce before the game last night, and they dont usually announce on a weekend.. so maybe we have to wait for Monday..

You'd think they would want to announce it soon though so they can do official farewells etc.. this week (against us) is Parra's last home game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Although RCG played well in the loss to the Broncos , I feel that the Dragons must face facts and that is that young blood is required in the forwards .

If the Big Red V is going to cement a place in the finals over the years to come , then we must get those younger players into the squad so as to gain that much needed experience that will stand them in a good stead in the future.

Although RCG played well in the loss to the Broncos , I feel that the Dragons must face facts and that is that young blood is required in the forwards .

If the Big Red V is going to cement a place in the finals over the years to come , then we must get those younger players into the squad so as to gain that much needed experience that will stand them in a good stead in the future.
We are better off investing in the Coachman’s

dungay dragon

Juniors
Rumblings about that the Dragons will make a huge play and bring "home " for Tyran Wishart .
A lot is dependant on the departure of our Captain BH at the end of 25 or even earlier
Wishy has a contract till 25 and a player option for 26 with the Storm , but the big sticking point is they have Paps and faulogo , vying for the FB spot , Hughes and Munster in the halves , and Grant cemented at 9 , with major Cap Dramas to keep them all together
Wishy isnt going to want to be referred to as Super Sub for the rest of his career , and i believe Flanno will offer him a huge inducement of Cash , the Half back spot and even Captain to get him back home ..
He might even appeal to the Storm to leave early as a win win for all concerned
The son of a Club Legend wanting back home , where he belongs
Would be one of the more popular "welcome home signings in the Clubs history "
The Gutho and Sam Walker rumours are pure smokescreens , with RCG still on his way ...
Make it happen Flanno

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Rumblings about that the Dragons will make a huge play and bring "home " for Tyran Wishart .
A lot is dependant on the departure of our Captain BH at the end of 25 or even earlier
Wishy has a contract till 25 and a player option for 26 with the Storm , but the big sticking point is they have Paps and faulogo , vying for the FB spot , Hughes and Munster in the halves , and Grant cemented at 9 , with major Cap Dramas to keep them all together
Wishy isnt going to want to be referred to as Super Sub for the rest of his career , and i believe Flanno will offer him a huge inducement of Cash , the Half back spot and even Captain to get him back home ..
The son of a Club Legend wanting back in , where he belongs
The Gutho and Sam Walker rumours are pure smokescreens , with RCG still on his way ...
Make it happen Flanno
I think that eventually we will see our younger players with the nursery of kids the south coast has as well as several St George kids and country ones with the right pathways for development and nurturing to play in first grade. I know that several will get poached but we have the "first right of refusal" so to speak on the really good ones.

If we can get Tyran Wishart back, I'd be really happy. He covers so many positions but I reckon if he was given an actual position to play week in and out in first grade, he would jump at the chance.

We do still need a few experienced guys in the right positions until those younger ones can show their merit in a season or twos time.

Make it happen Flanno
Would love to see young Wyshart return to play in the halves

Make it happen Flanno

Dragsters

First Grade
Make it happen Flanno
This would be be the perfect result, perhaps other than signing Jerome Hughes or Mitchell Moses which are pure fantasy imo.

Wishy has huge upside and is a long term solution and has the potential to be one the best halfbacks in the club's history.

Go hard Flano!

BLM01

First Grade
Make it happen Flanno
Well now that Mary has gone it is a chance as Mary & Wishy did not get on around his boy's time at our club.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Make it happen Flanno
Would be a good 7, has looked at home in the Storm system when needed.

Latest posts