What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

9 times in a row actually, but who’s counting.
In all the ‘excuses’ culture we have created at this club in recent history you lose sight of how bloody embarrassing it is.

I know the current coach won’t stand for it but still it keeps happening. Consider they didn’t have their most marquee player playing either. No excuses at the sharks, just wallop those desperate dragons on their home field, again.

we want to believe this season has been an out and our success but it’s just been another year over overachieving. Better than finishing last but hard to say what we’ve really gained.

LenyB

Juniors
In all the ‘excuses’ culture we have created at this club in recent history you lose sight of how bloody embarrassing it is.

I know the current coach won’t stand for it but still it keeps happening. Consider they didn’t have their most marquee player playing either. No excuses at the sharks, just wallop those desperate dragons on their home field, again.

we want to believe this season has been an out and our success but it’s just been another year over overachieving. Better than finishing last but hard to say what we’ve really gained.
Mate, we are in pole position for 8.

Going off last year, im cheering.

Feel sorry for your husband. Stop bitchin.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Not if Dan Lawson puts him thru a tortuous training/gym regime in the off season. Blocka has lost his impact because he is carrying excess baggage, mostly round the gut. He has not lost his passion or determination.

Passion and determination can only get you so far, he doesn't have the physical tools to succeed as a prop. Even if he loses weight, he'll still have slow leg speed. Everyone said Lawrie looked amazing in the pre-season & early season. I don't see it changing again. He's not regular 1st grade quality & neither is Molo. What do either players possess that make them effective in 1st grade?

Wolfgang90

Juniors
A big priority besides getting some decent players which is happening is to strengthen our defence. Great defence wins matches. We need to be so much better next year. I cannot think of anything worse than to see us lose by a motza next year. Work on it Dean Young if you can. No more blow out scores. "Good defence equals Great results". Put that on your notice board young son.

I would like to see our line speed improved & concede less yardage. We've been soundly beaten in the territory battle far too often this year.

shiloh dc

Juniors
What we see on the park and who wins the Grand Final is simply a reflection of how the front office operates particularly the control of the salary cap.
Manly realise their current salary cap break-up with about 6 players earning >800K (& at least 2 above 1M) will not win them a comp. Should they add a player like Creighton in the centres and they would go close to winning the title. To do that they need to shave around 600K - 800K off their big six.
So today Tommy Turbo generously offered to reduce his salary by 750K (over 2 years) due to missing numerous games. What a load of Beloney - Turbo (close to the best player in the game earning 1/2 of say Kalyn Ponga?
There is no way he instigated this. You have a short playing career and you need to maximise your earnings? You only make such an offer if you know it's substituted by other means.
Fortunately the NRL knocked it back. Look for Manly to try it again soon.
Player salaries should be published in full or say the top 10 players with the rest in a bucket amount.

As for the Dragons i'm still waiting to hear the club announce a SOO or test player signing for 500K because he wants to play for the Red V. I could be waiting for eternity.

justadragon

Bench
What we see on the park and who wins the Grand Final is simply a reflection of how the front office operates particularly the control of the salary cap.
Manly realise their current salary cap break-up with about 6 players earning >800K (& at least 2 above 1M) will not win them a comp. Should they add a player like Creighton in the centres and they would go close to winning the title. To do that they need to shave around 600K - 800K off their big six.
So today Tommy Turbo generously offered to reduce his salary by 750K (over 2 years) due to missing numerous games. What a load of Beloney - Turbo (close to the best player in the game earning 1/2 of say Kalyn Ponga?
There is no way he instigated this. You have a short playing career and you need to maximise your earnings? You only make such an offer if you know it's substituted by other means.
Fortunately the NRL knocked it back. Look for Manly to try it again soon.
Player salaries should be published in full or say the top 10 players with the rest in a bucket amount.

As for the Dragons i'm still waiting to hear the club announce a SOO or test player signing for 500K because he wants to play for the Red V. I could be waiting for eternity.
Allowing TT to shave his salary would compromise the Salary cap, ridiculous of them to even put that forward.

They didnt turn up. But, they stayed in it.
38 -10 and 9th straight defeat in the derby.

Let's get real.

Great to see some improvements under a new coach but very much still pretenders. When the tough gets going we run and hide every single time. No cause for celebration, at least that's what hubby says.

Nutz

Bench
ArtIcle lost cred when describing Dragons current impressive forward stocks.
I spoke to RCG manager and told him that RCG was the biggest pretender in the NRL and that Wests Tigers are withdrawing their 1 year offer of 300k as he's not worth anymore.
After he finished sulking and throwing a tantrum he said he'll take RCG to Saints as you were offering him a 4 year deal worth $3.6mil for RCG services.
Good luck fellas, thanks to me the Saints deal is all but done.
Authorised and written by Nutz
- Springfield Mental Health Group

Latest posts