What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We lack speed. The better teams put us away and we can’t go with them.

It is a talent issue. Not a coaching or effort issue. The roster is a mess, but will improve. Results will accordingly. Just takes time.

Cheer up.
Speed/evasive skills are lacking in our roster and so often players who have those skills are lacking in other areas- particularly defence. We've let numerous young promising players go such as Tamale presumably for this reason. Sloan is still on thin ice. Finding those rare, outside backs with all those skills may take Flanno five years. Hope he survives that long.

Dragon David

First Grade
Speed/evasive skills are lacking in our roster and so often players who have those skills are lacking in other areas- particularly defence. We've let numerous young promising players go such as Tamale presumably for this reason. Sloan is still on thin ice. Finding those rare, outside backs with all those skills may take Flanno five years. Hope he survives that long.
I think a few of us on this Forum are hoping to survive for another 5 years. I'll be heading towards 83. What are my chances?

We have identified speed and you have included evasiveness as well redandwhite4evr and besides having those players or getting them as well as getting the bigger hard as nails props, surely the likes of Flanno and our attacking coach would also have identified the need for these skills and qualities.

If we have a bunch of these guys, then excitement reigns and we are on our way to playing grand final footy. Just get/develop them Dragons recruiters and trainers and coaches (these are the words that members of our Board should say if they haven't already).

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think a few of us on this Forum are hoping to survive for another 5 years. I'll be heading towards 83. What are my chances?

We have identified speed and you have included evasiveness as well redandwhite4evr and besides having those players or getting them as well as getting the bigger hard as nails props, surely the likes of Flanno and our attacking coach would also have identified the need for these skills and qualities.

If we have a bunch of these guys, then excitement reigns and we are on our way to playing grand final footy. Just get/develop them Dragons recruiters and trainers and coaches (these are the words that members of our Board should say if they haven't already).
I'm hot on your heels age wise DD so-yes- I may not be live long enough to experience once again a great centre combo like we've had in the past eg R Gasnier/Dave Brown, M Gasnier /Cooper, Finch/Quinn, Beattie/Johnston. I get disappointed and envious when I see other clubs such as the Bulldogs with Xerri and Crichton and the Sharks with Iro and Ramien carving up our backs when we have such a rich history with outside backs. God grant me patience- and hurry up!

TheRev

Coach
Offer him a 3 year deal $900k from 2025 and coaching role after he finishes..
I more meant like unless the Roosters actually want teddy gone, I dont think hes leaving.. its not like the Gutho, Cook or Holmes situation... would you still want him from 2026? He would turn 33 just before the season began.. maybe.. or maybe we can find someone younger before then.. dunno.. its an interesting one..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Don’t disagree with any of that.

TheRev

Coach
Said this on another thread. He needs to get fit and become the ball playing 13. Not resting out on the edge getting involved every now and then.
Can't wait to see what Luciano look like after a full off-season, there is no doubt things werent going well up in QLD, the DUI charge, being on the outer at the club.. and hes naturally a big boy.. but way too big.. he doesnt need all that bulk.. hes a weapon and if he could do more runs, more minutes.. not to mention less stress on his legs I'd imagine.. if he made it to 13 even better... but im not 100% sure if he will get there.. but cool if he did.. he looks surprisingly good @6..

The other one is RCG, his work is actually still immense.. so maybe thats just his 30+ yr old body.. but I cant help but imagine a season with out health and conditioning guys could have him fitter for 2025.

TheRev

Coach
Only way I see Wishart coming back is if he actually wants to get back to the illawarra for family reasons.. otherwise he may aswell continue on the path he's on.

hard to know if Flanno would see him as the #7 he wants to hang his hat on.. as Lance said, 7's arent cheap.. and tbf he could make a fist of a bunch of positions.. but not if we paid him halves money..

And we still need a backup halfback anyway.. cant cop 1 injury and its season over.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm hot on your heels age wise DD so-yes- I may not be live long enough to experience once again a great centre combo like we've had in the past eg R Gasnier/Dave Brown, M Gasnier /Cooper, Finch/Quinn, Beattie/Johnston. I get disappointed and envious when I see other clubs such as the Bulldogs with Xerri and Crichton and the Sharks with Iro and Ramien carving up our backs when we have such a rich history with outside backs. God grant me patience- and hurry up!
Yes, we had great centres that other clubs followers would have been envious of. How come we haven't since the M Gasnier/Cooper days? We had a real mixed bag from 2012 to 2024 - mostly being Tim Lafai and Euan Aitken, then Zac Lomax and Moses Suli.

So for the match against the Eels it will be Matt and Max Feagai - my gawd they will put the fear into the Eels centres of Penisini and Talagi - not.