What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Phantom V

Juniors
The dragons are 4th in the comp in total offloads lol so not sure what team you are watching.

Now, what we do with those offloads is a totally different conversation. (It's usually nothing)
I’m watching the same team as you. I don’t usually pay too much attention to stats because they can be somewhat misleading. I think you’ll find most of our offloads have come from the games when we are playing catch up footy trying to chase down a big score. The team I have been watching is 4 hit ups and kick to the corner on the last

justadragon

Bench
o Loko is definitely going to be doing the odd bench stint in the NRL in the back half of 2025, hes handling himself rly well in Cup, im not enough of an analyst to understand if he has defensive issues (im sure the off season will be important here), but in terms of his carries, his motor and his error-rate... hes definitely in next years equation, but again later in the year.. also note that he went off with a HIA early in the weekends games and didnt return, its usually 2 weeks for the young ones, so I cant see any way he will play again this year.

o Latu is the next one behind Tonga (pretty sure hes 1yr younger).. he missed out on rep duties this year but it cant have been by much.. and has kept getting better at Jersey Flegg level each round, I assume he will move up to NSW Cup next year and we will see how he handles the transition.. but im pretty hopeful.. but I wouldnt expect him in the NRL till 2026.

o Halangahu is definitely atleast a year younger.. I cant keep track of all their damn birthdays.. but hes definitely young.. he tbh has only played a few Flegg games (from the bench) because hes away playing schoolboys and rep games every 2nd weekend.. like its constant.. next year I assume he will play SG again, then Flegg starting 2nd rower.. then NSW Cup for the back half of the year.. at the very earliest NRL in 2026.. and maybe he moves to the middle yet.. its just too early cause hes just a kid.. and hes playing against other kids.. and dominating.. but there is so much to happen yet..

o Stewart and Egan will also be ones to watch next year, and then all the other ones nipping at their heels like Stanley-Traill, Weatherall, nickt all have pathways to NRL already locked in.. I havent heard anything about Meafou but im 100% sure we will be locking him in next year.. I think it was just his injury thats put him out of mind.. there are plenty of others also out of dragons and steelers systems that were promising last year and will be of age in 2025 SG Ball..

like its mind-boggling trying to plan for all this.. they are planning what year the kids will be Top30, years and years in advance.. cause they have to now to keep them.. but thats gonna mean we have to lose some too.. but noone has missed out on NRL time as such.. the Couchies who turn 21 in a few weeks are the only guys who erre doing consistent 200m in NSW Cup with very few missed tackles.. and hence were clearly ready to step up.. but they r between 18mths-3yrs in front of the other kids... thats a long time.. and the Couchies r young starters..
Hey Rev, great post and feedback, my only thoughts of Loko were for next year and him being the primary one that we may need in the NRL. All this talk of RCG, DS, Horsebrough we may not get any, whilst we have a more than suitable junior sitting in the wings. If as you say its possibly the middle of next year, i'll take that. I have seen him play live and I certainly look forward to seeing him in the NRL.

redVinme

Bench
I’m watching the same team as you. I don’t usually pay too much attention to stats because they can be somewhat misleading. I think you’ll find most of our offloads have come from the games when we are playing catch up footy trying to chase down a big score. The team I have been watching is 4 hit ups and kick to the corner on the last

I literally said they do nothing with them, both things are true.

You said you hadn't seen many, I said objectively you have and that they are poor quality.

I'm not disagreeing with that.

Maybe they will shock both of us

Trifili13

Juniors
Feel also free Nutz to take Ben Hunt, the Feagai's (2 for 1 offer), the crappier Molo brother, the Young family, Haran, Millward and our Board of Directors.

Thanks in advance
The St George Illawarra Forum members and long suffering Dragon's fan base

Nutz

Bench
Feel also free Nutz to take Ben Hunt, the Feagai's (2 for 1 offer), the crappier Molo brother, the Young family, Haran, Millward and our Board of Directors.

Thanks in advance
The St George Illawarra Forum members and long suffering Dragon's fan base
We are a rock show not The Salvation Army.

TruSaint

Referee
Just got this in my twitter feed.

GWDD9qlXMAAgfBq

Latest posts