What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
I think Flanno is gonna have a big rethink in regards to retention and recruitment

He should be trying everything in his power to move on the likes of Lawrie , Bird and Ravalawa

And should not consider resigning any of the off contract players including Max Feagai and Tom Eisenhuth
Has he not been trying to get rid of those 3. Someone has got to offer them greener pastures which I doubt.

saintmar

Juniors
Rava should be sacked immediately. What an appalling disinterested performance.
and as for captain hunt bring Cronk out of retirement. He’d be better.
I don’t understand the hate for Lomax. Can someone please explain.
Lomax far far superior to Holmes
Sad to lose him and good luck to him he will kill it for Parra as a centre.
We self destruct again

Lomax has been OUTSTANDING this year.
He is one of the best centre/sings in the game now. Extremely powerful, great vertical leap and a wonderful kick to boot.

Now ask me about Lomax in the umpteen other seasons he has been with us. Far from convincing.

It seems only appropriate that we lose him now at his peak.

Holmes will go some way to replacing him, problem is the rest of our team is poo.

BLM01

First Grade
Lomax has been OUTSTANDING this year.
He is one of the best centre/sings in the game now. Extremely powerful, great vertical leap and a wonderful kick to boot.

Now ask me about Lomax in the umpteen other seasons he has been with us. Far from convincing.

It seems only appropriate that we lose him now at his peak.

Holmes will go some way to replacing him, problem is the rest of our team is poo.
Yes Parramatta will have a great leaper who tries hard all game and has had a great year with the boot. STOP.
They will also get the low % hail mary's in attack and someone who can only pass with one arm on the run and not really been able to beat defenses in broken play
If Ryles can curb and nurture and improve all that Zac will go a long way to being that elite centre (maybe wing). Wing not so much as does not quite have the pace

Yes Parramatta will have a great leaper who tries hard all game and has had a great year with the boot. STOP.
They will also get the low % hail mary's in attack and someone who can only pass with one arm on the run and not really been able to beat defenses in broken play
If Ryles can curb and nurture and improve all that Zac will go a long way to being that elite centre (maybe wing). Wing not so much as does not quite have the pace
Too slow

better suited as a winger

Expect Zac will regress under Ryles

Squid1

Juniors
yep because you guys know better than origin selectors and first grade coaches 🤣

TheRev

Coach
Lomax is cooked imo, this was his big year playing angry and looking for a new contract, and finally making origin.... he will have a burst or 2 early next season.. take a great kick or 4 from moses... but he doesnt have the acceleration required to be an outside back.. nor the size to run over people.. you need one or the other.. he has to be 'on fire' and playing at 120% to make up for his weaknesses.

Beyond that.. are the skill gaps, he still cant pass a football like a normal human, his flicks are very unreliable, and he cant dial his head in.. he gets emotional and fixates on trying to 'get 1 up' on whoever he is upset with at the time.. bugger the consequences.. im rly happy hes gone... but its no hard feelings either.. if Ryles can get his head switched on, then good luck to them... but im glad hes someone elses player now, very happy with Holmes for a few years while hopefully we keep recruiting well and perhaps some juniors emerge eventually..

I do want to mention for the sake of fairness.. that Zacs work ethic is absolutely immense, by all accounts his diet and training are best in class stuff.... he is super fit and those carries while they are only a few metres at a time (and never a line break threat).. he never shirks those tough carries or even 2 in a set.. that plus his leaping.. a lot of positives about him.. but I think there are really clear off-paddock reasons that Flanno was very happy to see him move on.

BLM01

First Grade
yep because you guys know better than origin selectors and first grade coaches 🤣
No we dont. Who said we know better. People have acknowledged his strengths and how he held his own at origin. so thanks for being objective
But as a supporter and watching him more closely than other team players for years we are allowed to have an opinion on what he has offered (positives or negatives) at club level in respect of being that elite big $$ player that he is portayed in the media and what our club paid him for. I still see weaknesses at club level he needs to address to earn that all round elite player. That is not saying we know more.

LenyB

Juniors
Agreed.

It's the lack of effort and resilience for large parts of games that is frustrating. Maybe a big off season working on fitness will help the effort, but how does this club get mental toughness? It's pervasive from the board down.
I think its belief.

The majority of the side has none. Flanno is changing that, its hard work to get out of those mental ruts.

Players and the fans have been let down by the board.

But it seems this year they have taken a step back.

Hopefully not out of self preservation and they renew a good coaches contract after some success.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
I think its belief.

The majority of the side has none. Flanno is changing that, its hard work to get out of those mental ruts.

Players and the fans have been let down by the board.

But it seems this year they have taken a step back.

Hopefully not out of self preservation and they renew a good coaches contract after some success.

Latest posts