What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Did anyone see the new ad with Roosters players advertising eating Red Rooster
Them and Melb have a lot of fingers in the pie for paying 3rd party money through advertising.
Although Steggles are a sponsor of Roosters. Do they supply Red Rooster their chickens?
Melb had Tradie, Both Roosters & Melb betting agency advertising + some sprinkling of other higher profile
Dogs pub shares
How many Dragons players do we see get well paid in main media to do..stuff
Instead of just smaller local companies / suppliers. I am sure some of our higher profile (Lomax, Hunt?) are sponsored by big sports brands but you dont see em on TV, PAY TV billboards but we have WIN TV..go figure
Well connected clubs of course do it better. We just dont compete

since77

Juniors
Making the finals this year would have been huge to give the players the taste. The challenge now is to get them hungry to want to play finals next year. No excuses next year they need to play finals.
If they weren't hungry enough this year with a spot in the 8 literally theirs to lose after 5 seasons of not playing finals football what makes you think the same core group of losers will be hungry enough next year?

Did anyone see the new ad with Roosters players advertising eating Red Rooster
Them and Melb have a lot of fingers in the pie for paying 3rd party money through advertising.
Although Steggles are a sponsor of Roosters. Do they supply Red Rooster their chickens?
Melb had Tradie, Both Roosters & Melb betting agency advertising + some sprinkling of other higher profile
Dogs pub shares
How many Dragons players do we see get well paid in main media to do..stuff
Instead of just smaller local companies / suppliers. I am sure some of our higher profile (Lomax, Hunt?) are sponsored by big sports brands but you dont see em on TV, PAY TV billboards but we have WIN TV..go figure
Well connected clubs of course do it better. We just dont compete
100%, because this is a chook raffle football club, with an out of date business model that hasn't been properly administered since Frank Facer left this earth.
You want proof of that? How about a merger, our declining reputation and 1 premiership in 45 years.

Dragon David

First Grade
If they weren't hungry enough this year with a spot in the 8 literally theirs to lose after 5 seasons of not playing finals football what makes you think the same core group of losers will be hungry enough next year?
We are not going to do it with the same core of players, and we know which ones they are, and that is why they have got to be booted out. They were not good enough this year coming eighth but easily beaten in the penultimate game squandering a really good chance of playing semis this year. They won't be good enough next year as they are not anything exceptional so many changes are necessary to add to the "better" core players that Flanno has recently signed up and pending to be signed and those existing such as Su'a, JDB etc.

When you see a team like the Roosters get done like they did last night by the Raiders, albeit that the Roosters lost key men through injuries and of course their "head high tackler" being suspended you can see that winning is tough unless all systems and players are in the right synch. The Raiders basically played the way we did against the Storm and just kept fighting against the wave of attack, even with a man sin-binned.

The Roosters chances of winning the grand final, who I thought would win this years premiership, have now nose dived especially with the loss of Sam Walker and their chances of even making the grand final to me has faded.

But it's the Roosters with still very good players in their squad that may still be capable of reaching the grand final.

We need to have a squad that can match the top 5 clubs to have a chance of "comfortably" reaching the semis and not wondering and pondering if they can. So the squad really has to be improved greatly. Good luck to us trying to beat the Raiders even at the home ground at Kogarah and even when they will be down on troops through injury and suspension(s).

I don't envy Flanno's job that is for sure.

Making the finals this year would have been huge to give the players the taste. The challenge now is to get them hungry to want to play finals next year. No excuses next year they need to play finals.
The only player we have who looks hungry is Blake Lawrie.
Maybe he could go to the Roosters for $350k a year and his own weight in fried chicken.
Also, I'm not fat-shaming. He just doesn't look - or play - like a modern day rugby league prop.

BLM01

First Grade
We are not going to do it with the same core of players, and we know which ones they are, and that is why they have got to be booted out. They were not good enough this year coming eighth but easily beaten in the penultimate game squandering a really good chance of playing semis this year. They won't be good enough next year as they are not anything exceptional so many changes are necessary to add to the "better" core players that Flanno has recently signed up and pending to be signed and those existing such as Su'a, JDB etc.

When you see a team like the Roosters get done like they did last night by the Raiders, albeit that the Roosters lost key men through injuries and of course their "head high tackler" being suspended you can see that winning is tough unless all systems and players are in the right synch. The Raiders basically played the way we did against the Storm and just kept fighting against the wave of attack, even with a man sin-binned.

The Roosters chances of winning the grand final, who I thought would win this years premiership, have now nose dived especially with the loss of Sam Walker and their chances of even making the grand final to me has faded.

But it's the Roosters with still very good players in their squad that may still be capable of reaching the grand final.

We need to have a squad that can match the top 5 clubs to have a chance of "comfortably" reaching the semis and not wondering and pondering if they can. So the squad really has to be improved greatly. Good luck to us trying to beat the Raiders even at the home ground at Kogarah and even when they will be down on troops through injury and suspension(s).

I don't envy Flanno's job that is for sure.
You cannot just boot players out for the sake of it
We need replacements as do not have the depth that are ready even for next year that is why some (not all) will be reused next year in some capacity

Latest posts