What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Saw it.
I don't dislike Jack at all, I think he is a great competitor but his body can't play at the NRL level for long minutes. If he can pick up a few bucks at Mess Tigers, then good luck to him.
Tbh I would rather have it been Lawrie. While I want Bird gone, Blocka is our biggest (no pun intended) problem. At least Bird has some versatility

possm

Coach
If we pay 75% of Hunts salary for next year to another club we would still be miles better off.
I doubt we would need to pay any of Hunts salary. If Hunt wants out and a QLD Club wants him, then we could just let him go. If he wants a payout we just say no because he will have to go free of charge for season 2026.

possm

Coach
Yeah Lawrie is definitely the biggest problem. He's the reason we lost a must-win game against the bottom team and choked our way out of the finals.
We should have a relationship with an ESL club like St Helens. If we did we could work with them, providing them opportunities for our players to play their last few years over there and for us to give some of their younger players the experience of playing over here.

TheRev

Coach
Nothing is confirmed yet.. but the fact Bird was back there is a positive sign after talks had stalled.

In terms of players we can move on, I have 6 on my list.. Fifita, Bird and MMolo probably the easiest to move on, all 1yr contracts, not big dollars.. if we move them.. we move them.. and then we get either upgrades with our spare cash, or atleast roll the dice again and see if we can get someone who we can get more value out of.

Lawrie & Ravalawa I think require finding a deal in england.. I dont think an NRL team takes them, both have 2yrs also and were signed at their peaks..

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Yep, I get you mate. Bird really has been dudded by injury. Took the lad 10 years to reach 150 games.
Yeah mate he's pretty useless these days but I feel bad for Birdy. Was a genuinely talented player who never reached the heights he should've :/

Tries too hard for sure and comes off as him being a stupid footballer but he's just trying to prove he can still match it with the others a lot of the time out there

redv13

Bench
Haha, god no.
Its that they have lost a 7 and they a mucking around with the Tedesco extension now that he is towards the end, so we may be a chance if there is some temporary insanity or panic with Walker's injury.
Now take that back!
Fair enough. Just can’t see it, the chooks don’t do business that way. Knowing our management they will do a straight swap of Hunt for Tanah Boyd from the GC

TheRev

Coach
Yep Boyd + someone perhaps.. Boyd is an easier swap because they want him gone too.. hes probably on decent coin tbh. Its definitely a harder trade now though with Hunt close to the end of his career..