What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Loving the Flanno clean-out, so many negative rumours about sowie and timmins over the years (we could never know if they were true).. finally someone has the balls to call enough and get some decent staff and accountability.. as gould says.. you need to get the right people in the right positions.

I doubt the cleanout is finished either...

TheRev

Coach
As for recruits:
o 5 clubs including us are interesting in Hetherington
o Thompson I reckon goes to market in less than 2 months (not sure if 2025 or 2026).. and I dont think we get him cause heaps of clubs will be battling... but that imo is why ppl are holding off DSaifiti.. we need Newcastle on their knees ahead of November... in an ideal world they lose the players that they didnt want to lose..

possm

Coach
This! Corey Allan is bog average and has been since 2021 or 2020, whenever he played origin. People are saying on here that he’s fast. He’s probably slower than lomax and that was before an ACL. Once he plays a few games everyone will be calling for his head.

albeit with bird gone we need someone like him that can slot into C/W/FB will probably do a better job as a backup fullback than bird and mat F. But still don’t get your hopes up
We've signed Holmes who can play 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Let's judge Allen's ability in early 2025. You may be right or he may be a good left winger.

I'd say we need a top-grade and experienced fullback like tedesco and a replacement for Hunt such as Reynolds or Wishart.

But our top priority should be the recruitment of two good first-grade props, RCG and Thompson.

Last edited:

HenryTatana

Juniors
So he is mate, misread. Still dont see us prying him from the Knights. Lets go for someone that has been let go due to salary constraints and still offers plenty. What is the hold up with announcing Campbell-Gillard as word is he is across the line.
RCG is preparing for the game of his life (Spoonbowl) hence no announcement yet.

BLM01

First Grade
What had he done previously in terms of glory for the JV before Saints Ball finally won the club a rare premiership flag. Wasnt Timmo predominately linked with Steelers pathways?
1. He had done plenty for the Steelers in terms of playing including the JV and probably helping in and out around the club. But he was not the best fit for pathways and bringing the kids through education etc. Expereinced myself when attached to G7 club and but more directly spoke to a few parents with kids involved in lower grades or Stellers comps. Not a slander on the person just the job he was in.
2. Yes

BLM01

First Grade
So he is mate, misread. Still dont see us prying him from the Knights. Lets go for someone that has been let go due to salary constraints and still offers plenty. What is the hold up with announcing Campbell-Gillard as word is he is across the line.
10 day cool off perhaps