What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Barking noise as in Woof Woof
woof GIF by Super Simple
Well the trotting part threw me. Mix of a Bulldog and a Bronco
Put the 2 together you have a Dragon...that is my take

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It all happens at an agonisingly slow pace at the Dragons. Even the wooden spooners have been able to get their deals across the line fairly quickly. They have officially announced, Royce Hunt, his current team will feature in the finals. Yet we haven’t announced RCG yet, out of respect to his current club, or because there are still games to play or some other nonsense? What utter incompetence.

It all happens at an agonisingly slow pace at the Dragons. Even the wooden spooners have been able to get their deals across the line fairly quickly. They have officially announced, Royce Hunt, his current team will feature in the finals. Yet we haven’t announced RCG yet, out of respect to his current club, or because there are still games to play or some other nonsense? What utter incompetence.
Or maybe we have not managed to sign him

Dragon David

First Grade
All we know is RCG won't be at the Eels next year. Where he is heading and ends up is anyones guess. The commentary is that he will be a Dragon but until such time as his name appears in the Dragons website with the words " Reagan Campbell-Gillard joins the St George Illawarra Dragons" and we don't see elsewhere that he has joined the Catalan Dragons or the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, then and only then will I feel at ease and jubilant.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Think Averillo would be a fantastic signing, in fact he's exactly who I'd be going for. Dolphins just re-signed Bostock, so that is not happening. They've signed Junior Tupou for next year and not everyone can fit into that backline. Averillo may be the one to get pushed out. Would play him at centre, Holmes on the wing. Gives us options too, Averillo can play fullback/wing if need be, can play halves if really needed.

As is stands with Holmes/Suli as our centres next year we have a great pairing, but the wingers are lacking heaps. S Finau is an unknown really, Tuipolotu has been good for us but might be better served as a backup or rotating in and out, not sure how he'd go for a whole season. Corey Allan is handy, but just because he's shiny and new doesn't mean he's that good. He's a backup. That's why I'd shift Holmes and have Averillo at centre. Suddenly the backline is much more solid, well-rounded and quick. Then there is one wing spot that is legitimately up for competition between 3-5 players.

None of our young backs are going to be ready next year (barring maybe a game or two for Buchanan), they'll start to come through more in 2026, which is when we can ease them in by replacing backups like Allan, maybe Tui, maybe Feagai, maybe Finau (who knows who to replace yet) with our juniors. The young guys become the backups who are an injury/suspension away from entering first grade.. and that is how you progress them through.
You make some good points Parko but I'm amazed that you describe Allan as "shiny and new". He's had more clubs than a poker player, lives off a brief Origin selection and he's one player I have little expectation of for next year-particularly after an ACL.

One player (and now Tamale is gone the only one) I am excited about is S Finau- He's had some niggling injuries this year but the little I've seen of him suggests that he's strong, quick and evasive- a possibility for a centre or wing spot. However, we definitely are lacking in x factor players.