What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mattw5

Juniors
like I said nothing is actually confirmed publically.. but its a hell of a thing to suddenly make up.. the dude must know someone connected to the deal is my guess... its sounding like we have pulled the deal, assumably its taken too long and reg is speaking with broncs.

Broncos also linked to Welsh mind you..

Perhaps we will chase Welch

Nutz

Bench
I struggle with instagram and X, but I cant find anywhere we have confirmed that.. unless its been removed, or unless they were just tagging them and the info has come from someone behind the scenes.. id say the latter.
One of the biggest bugbears that us long suffering tiger supporters have had to endure is media driven signing announcements, sackings or anything substantial from the club.
When Richo arrived he's put an end to leaks and rumours. He did this by notifying club members first by email. It works.
I'm wondering if you have the same system?

Dragon David

First Grade
Is this another lost cause like the AFB disaster? We have been rejected by a reject?

My dread is that we will end up with the usual journeymen on 2 year deals on par wages and the reason being that they have always been looking for the better ones but couldn't agree on terms and conditions and pay - because we are tight bastards. Why pay overs when you can still have a team that just might make the top 8 with only a couple of "easy" games to play and we "SHOULD" get in - know the story fellas?

It is not over the line until that big, buxom, lady sings her tune - "It's Over, It's Over, It's Over".

Dragon David

First Grade
like I said nothing is actually confirmed publically.. but its a hell of a thing to suddenly make up.. the dude must know someone connected to the deal is my guess... its sounding like we have pulled the deal, assumably its taken too long and reg is speaking with broncs.

dungay dragon

Juniors

News ltd journos all over it now
Drags offering 2 years only and firm , at this stage
RCG contract drops to 650 k at Parra for 2025
Broncs considering making a play for RCG as well as Welch , but have massive cap pressure , trying to off load Hetherington and Oates
They have a meeting to discuss matters on Wednesday
Re actions from majority of Broncos fans lukewram
Player Agents stirring the pot..obviously
interesting days ahead

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Its going to be hard to recruit players when even the wooden spoon tigers have better facilities then us and a better location. We will be in big trouble if we miss out on all these targets and so will Flanno. Im a big supporter of his and i think he can turn us around but with 17 teams and a new team coming in the next few years recruiting quality players is not easy and its only going to get worse. Its obvious our location hurts us in that department but what is the solution? Cook and Holmes are great signings and im praying Flanno can land some more quality signings this next few months and over the next few years some of our own juniors can bring the passion and love back to the dragons because it isnt there and hasnt been for over 10 years

Dragon David

First Grade
Can I just ask a basic question here, why are we not at least giving someone like Tuitavake a chance or maybe even Coric, both were playing reasonable footy in KOE,
I'm sure that Flanno has these guys and other players at the back of his mind. Just tweak here and there with a signing or two but have these youngsters ready, willing and able sooner rather than later to what we might be expecting. We do have guys who already play for the RedV and I'm sure love the Dragons and they will know who they are and hopefully will be picked to represent the Mighty Red V in future years. Get them doing the things the right way 100% rather than the way that the juniors have been coming through these past few years. If it is defence, get them committed to deal with the knocks and aches and pains that come with making effective tackles. Harden them up big time. Bring in sprint trainers and get all our guys to have sprint races every training day. We used to have Matt Shirvington help with this sort of thing years ago.

The players have really got to be 80+ minute players in the future - finish as strong as they start is what I would like to see. Get it through their heads that being behind is nothing nowadays and if they keep doing the things the way they trained and been given the game plans and set plays and minimise errors that I hope will be the recipe for a much better year in 2025.

This was the Chinese New Year of the Dragon - they never work. Next year it is the year of the snake (Eels) so you can bet that the Eels won't win the grand final in 2025.

Have I missed something?!
What is so f***ing great about RCG?
Penriff haven't looked back since he left. Parramatta, on the other hand... (Holds own nose)
I'm not saying that it's all his fault but ...geez. I reckon he's bloody ordinary. Justin Poore but with a big, stupid mo'.
Nailed it on the head, Beath. Not sure what the attraction is with him. Broncos can have him.

qld redvee

Juniors
no mention of why we failed to get him .. apart from him wanting 3 year deal but apparantly nobody willing to offer that . do we maybe forget to have the contact signed or do we honestly not chase hard enough ? WE DONT have the luxury of picking and choosing or not moving on dollars Maybe like posted earlier flanno has now set his sights on someone else well he better land someone we cant keep being left at the alter all the time

Latest posts