What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
The way D-SAF basically told his club to get stuffed recently ie he will stay if he wants to and won’t be pushed anywhere …….. for me that actually felt like Newcastle were making it hard for him

ie newcastle didnt want to pay part of his salary ongoing

now less options for Newcastle

I wonder whether we have struck an in principle agreement with DSaf and POS ?

Ie we are more comfortable with 3yrs for Dsaf and better value for us if newcastle tip in some vs we didn’t want to do full freight 3yrs for RCG when he is 31yrs old

Daniel only just turned 28yrs old

big difference in age vs RCG

or

just like Holmes not looking likely at the last minute for us and the media spin…….is RCG still a chance as a Dragon?
I would prefer Thompson from Newcastle. Now that the season is over for us, Flanno should contact Newcastle direct and work out a deal for Thompson.

BLM01

First Grade
With RCG, let's not forget Barrett factor. There is rumour Barrett Joining Broncos coaching. This may have had a lot to do with RCG joining Broncos.

Anyway, RCG is not worth 3 seasons.
Barrett is not a rumour that was confirmed 2 months ago he was going to Broncos which I find strange a blue working in QLD
A jobs a job I suppose and Cartwright was his assistant for this year so loyalty is out the window

possm

Coach
I agree but I do remember in the early days when there was indications that we were talking to him/manager that it was stated then that the sticking point will be we were not willing to give him 3yrs which is what RCG wanted.
Surely we could have negotiated a reduced salary for year 3. If he is not up to first-grade in year 3, he could help put through our young props.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Barrett is not a rumour that was confirmed 2 months ago he was going to Broncos which I find strange a blue working in QLD
A jobs a job I suppose and Cartwright was his assistant for this year so loyalty is out the window
Broncos have always had Blues, Lazarus, Noke, Devere, CJohns, Haas, Stagg also coaches like Bellamy, Henjak, PGentle, Terry Matterson

TheRev

Coach
Daniel Saifiti was on local NBN sport news tonight & interviewed about his future.
He stated that he and his partner would be making the decision within the next week where he’ll be heading.
Sounded to me he’s on the move & definitely leaving the Knights.
Its possible we pulled RCG's contract so we could chase DSaf.. unless hes going to the tigers..

Keen for the finals to end so we can get onto negotiations with all the clubs..
It's happening mate. Accept it, that's what flano wants
I'm not really worried about the hypothetical 2025 hooker rotation.. its so far away.. 1 could break a leg yet... but I think it will become obvious in the first few rounds whats working and what isnt.. atleast next year we arent running Muhleissen as the 9 or 14. not to be cruel, but even against the Eels, just 1 extra average player can be the difference, especially with this roster.. doesnt seem a big deal for Top4 sides.. but their reserves r a higher standard tbf.

randomdragon

Juniors
Is Craig `Albert` Young still GM of football. FFS legend of a player but what a f**king dinosaur, his first priority was the `walk of fame`. Good to see Timmins being moved on, this business of jobs for club legends has got to end if we want to be a top-notch sporting operation.
Timmins didn't do that bad coaching the Steelers Sg Ball team... agree he doesn't deserve a full time position but hes not the worst person in the joint

Latest posts