What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Nutz

Bench
@Nutz - no clue mate. At the moment it is a race for those I despise less
I'm going for the Sharks for cousin Norm. They played some dumb footy today. I think Atkinson has to be in there next game but they won't drop the glamour boy.
If Katoa is injured, Atkinson might go to the wing.
I'm bored already...let's get this long bloody off-season over and done with.

Nutz

Bench
I'm going for the Sharks for cousin Norm. They played some dumb footy today. I think Atkinson has to be in there next game but they won't drop the glamour boy.
If Katoa is injured, Atkinson might go to the wing.
I'm bored already...let's get this long bloody off-season over and done with.
Too much excitement for me, bed time zzzzz, catch you later brother.

He has supposedly signed a 1 year deal with South Sydney worth 300k.
It's not official yet but the DT might say otherwise if you have it.

A young player with a point to prove. Definitely a lot of value potentially for the bunnies. Thought we could have benefitted from him given our lacklustre halves situation. Oh well at least we got Eisenhuth for another year.

RedVee

First Grade
Too much excitement for me, bed time zzzzz, catch you later brother.
Just having a café noisette.

I can see that as he coached there. I have a 2nd cousin that played there in early 70s, in the reggies - I think maybe 3 FG games on the wing. Haven’t seen each other since the late 60s maybe.

His big claim to fame, he had a year with Thirroul as a 5/8 I think, he kicked their field goal in a game they lost 40-1 or something :D

Jubilee

Juniors
He
Bateman says he coming back.
He won't walk away from an easy $800,000. Just as Hunt won't walk away from money. This is the problem with contracts 3 years or longer. They have to be reserved for players who have deep internal motivation, who have personal standards driving them, not just $.

DCE is a good example of that kind of man. Long contract but always gave his best. Now he is 35 and has plenty of dosh but he still plays like a champ.

How do you identify guys with that kind of champion's psychology? That's the trick.

since77

Juniors
I’m sure Benji is happy about that 🙄
This is what happens when clubs just throw money at players in the hope they eventually improve their roster. The Tigers in reality have had a policy for years of just hiring mercenary players for big $ and its the reason why their team plays like a soulless rabble. Because they literally have no soul as a team everyone is just there for a pay cheque. Now they're stuck with a guy who has caused trouble at other clubs (Canberra) in the past and is now just taking the Tigers for a ride. Meanwhile he'll hold his hand out and continue to play mediocre football while his heart isn't in it.
The people who constantly whinge on this forum about us not just getting deals done, as in the recent case of RCG should look at what happens when clubs like the Tigers do the opposite and just do deals for the sake of doing deals. It has led to 3 wooden spoons in a row and a soulless team running out each week.
I'd rather Flanno's approach with the long term welfare of the club in mind.

Jubilee

Juniors
Money matters ofc but coaches still have to identify players who want to win bcs that is just who they are - whether it is footy or tiddly winks - and that rubs off on those who join the club. Cameron Smith is the classic example - just a winner - but it starts with the coach who can identify that quality.

So I was glad to see Flanno flick RCG, who was just looking for a paid holiday into retirement. And guys like that are a bad example to the young uns.

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
looking like Saifiti to Dolphins according to Fox, with RCG likely to Bulldogs or back to Panthers.
Expecting Addo-Coke to be flicked and that money used to scoop up RCG

BIG RIG

Juniors
Next years roster will basically be the same , same forward pack , Lomax out Holmes in and an added hooker lmao

Next years roster will basically be the same , same forward pack , Lomax out Holmes in and an added hooker lmao
Gets down to how many more players after Bird can get moved on to free up more roster spots.
Sharks have plenty of forwards on their books, I think Flanagan should be targeting them, especially with AFB joining them in 2025.