What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Jubilee

Juniors
You paint what appears like a realistic picture of problems facing the NRL, BLM01. I hope that the NRL know what they are doing.
The contradictions and limitations of expansion are obvious but no one has ever been promoted up the corporate or political ladder by pointing out that the emperor is naked.

My current favorite is Anthony Albanese wanting a PNG expansion team and using taxpayer money to subsidize it between now and 2035 (Note: that is halfway to 2050).

At the same time he brings in Net Zero legislation (a decarbonized world by 2050.)

Hmm. I can't wait until Perth or Fiji joins the competition and we can have teams in Fiji flying to play in Perth and teams in Melboure flying to play in Port Moresby. Carbon footprint much?

But that is all in the future and it doesn't matter to these people what actually and in fact happens in the future bcs then it will be someone else's problem. Right now, all the guys at the top can see is themselves being even bigger and more important poohbahs. And the emperor's new clothes.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Baz is a curse? Wherever he goes the HC gets punted, this one was quicker than all the others. Demitriou may get the gig as he knows the players. I have a feeling it will be Josh Hannay as he is a Qlder and has done well as an assistant. I cannot see a person from NSW getting that gig.

It will be a hard gig as the players seem to run the show. Poor Kevvie. Brisbane have high standards. They even sacked the immortal coach in Bennett after a bad season or 2.

Dragon David

First Grade
The contradictions and limitations of expansion are obvious but no one has ever been promoted up the corporate or political ladder by pointing out that the emperor is naked.

My current favorite is Anthony Albanese wanting a PNG expansion team and using taxpayer money to subsidize it between now and 2035 (Note: that is halfway to 2050).

At the same time he brings in Net Zero legislation (a decarbonized world by 2050.)

Hmm. I can't wait until Perth or Fiji joins the competition and we can have teams in Fiji flying to play in Perth and teams in Melboure flying to play in Port Moresby. Carbon footprint much?

But that is all in the future and it doesn't matter to these people what actually and in fact happens in the future bcs then it will be someone else's problem. Right now, all the guys at the top can see is themselves being even bigger and more important poohbahs. And the emperor's new clothes.

I honestly feel for the future of league here in Australia. That is all I want to say.

Gareth67

First Grade
I honestly feel for the future of league here in Australia. That is all I want to say.
By adding extra teams to the competition the NRL will then be in a position to create a 2 tier competition .

Unfortunately for those clubs finding themselves in the lower tier of the competition will find it almost insurmountable to climb to the elite level of the first .

And that will be the cause of dramatic change and heartbreak for many supporters of the game .

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Phantom V

Juniors

Please mate. I’m depressed enough about our state of affairs as a club, don’t remind me of the buffoon who’s pretending to run the country

Jubilee

Juniors
They all talk about the "great product" of "the modern game" and "superstars" and so on as if people only recently started to enjoy it and it is all thanks to their brilliant sports admin.

They should have a look at that Phil Blake highlights package (h/t Old Timer) where Blake is doing magic with a slippery, wet 5lb leather ball, and then explain how what we see today is better than that.

Old Timer

Coach
They all talk about the "great product" of "the modern game" and "superstars" and so on as if people only recently started to enjoy it and it is all thanks to their brilliant sports admin.

They should have a look at that Phil Blake highlights package (h/t Old Timer) where Blake is doing magic with a slippery, wet 5lb leather ball, and then explain how what we see today is better than that.