What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

slippery5

Juniors
Looking at his QLD cup stats he played a lot of fullback and some games at 6. In other words a manufactured 7.
He switched to fullback to accomodate Cooper Johns at 6 for an entire season at the Falcons, not that Johns was better at him at 6 but more to the fact Johns could not play anywhere else.
Maybe you should ask him? or listen to some of his past interviews where he says he has always played in the halves growing up, or doesn't that count unless its been at nrl level??

justadragon

Bench
The contradictions and limitations of expansion are obvious but no one has ever been promoted up the corporate or political ladder by pointing out that the emperor is naked.

My current favorite is Anthony Albanese wanting a PNG expansion team and using taxpayer money to subsidize it between now and 2035 (Note: that is halfway to 2050).

At the same time he brings in Net Zero legislation (a decarbonized world by 2050.)

Hmm. I can't wait until Perth or Fiji joins the competition and we can have teams in Fiji flying to play in Perth and teams in Melboure flying to play in Port Moresby. Carbon footprint much?

But that is all in the future and it doesn't matter to these people what actually and in fact happens in the future bcs then it will be someone else's problem. Right now, all the guys at the top can see is themselves being even bigger and more important poohbahs. And the emperor's new clothes.

Anyone who thinks the money given to PNG is about RL have got rocks in their heads.

since77

Juniors
He switched to fullback to accomodate Cooper Johns at 6 for an entire season at the Falcons, not that Johns was better at him at 6 but more to the fact Johns could not play anywhere else.
Maybe you should ask him? or listen to some of his past interviews where he says he has always played in the halves growing up, or doesn't that count unless its been at nrl level??
Gee you Nicho lovers are as precious as his pretty little face.....

RedVee

First Grade
I’ve heard from a source that Matt Lodge is gonna be our first forward signing for 2025

Also hearing that flanno is adamant about signing Josh Addo Carr and will meet with him to discuss a potential deal

Flanno supposedly wants a Holmes and Addo Carr centre wing pairing
Tentative ‘thumbs up’.
im not keen on signing either of these two gentlemen but I’ll trust Flanno.

Plus we need players from somewhere, and if these are a step up from the current stock then ok ‘fingers crossed’

TheRev

Coach
I’ve heard from a source that Matt Lodge is gonna be our first forward signing for 2025

Also hearing that flanno is adamant about signing Josh Addo Carr and will meet with him to discuss a potential deal

Lodge is a dragons special imo.. esp after missing RCG.. but tbf we could afford another big name on top of Lodge, but with Lodge atleast its 1 bigger body signed.. lets hop it comes off though, obviously we chase a lot of guys but we cant the deal done usually.. Flanno knows Lodge also.

As for JAC, im on the fence, but id rather get him than leave cap unspent.. lets see what plays out, im positive Gould has no love for Flanno by the way he talks (and doesnt) about him on the podcast.. so lets see if a deal can be worked out.. we still need Rav gone, and I dont think dogs are gonna save us there.. i assume rav doesnt want to go to the UK or it would have been done by now.

Think Shane realises he can’t be too choosey as no one wants us. At this point I’m open to signing these two polarising players. We are desperate.

SAP58

Juniors
Tentative ‘thumbs up’.
im not keen on signing either of these two gentlemen but I’ll trust Flanno.

Plus we need players from somewhere, and if these are a step up from the current stock then ok ‘fingers crossed’

I agree neither would be my choice BUT in our situation we cannot afford to be too selective. If they can do the job Flanno wants then its ok with me, also fingers crossed !

BLM01

First Grade
Think Shane realises he can’t be too choosey as no one wants us. At this point I’m open to signing these two polarising players. We are desperate.
I agree they are polarising but lets be honest if they play near their best they add more in attack and hit ups that what we already have so it has to be an improvement as long as they keep their NOSE clean, head down and work hard we are already in a better position

BigRedVee

Juniors
I’m more concerned about signing JAC than Lodge from a cultural perspective. Lodge stiffens up our middle and gives us some physicality and from all reports turned his life around, we need another middle to make sure Lawrie never sees first grade again.

JAC on the other hand seems like a loose cannon and doesn’t seem to be the best influence on our young players.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I’m more concerned about signing JAC than Lodge from a cultural perspective. Lodge stiffens up our middle and gives us some physicality and from all reports turned his life around, we need another middle to make sure Lawrie never sees first grade again.

JAC on the other hand seems like a loose cannon and doesn’t seem to be the best influence on our young players.
Well said
JAC has everything to prove and should thrive under Flanno
Still need another hard edge forward ..Broncos Hetherington and Sharks Kafusi must be on the radar

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Makes sense- a potent LS attack and Suli will need to move to right centre- the only remaining question then is who is our best right winger- Allen, Tui??? Our right could be problematic if we have too many players (such as Tui) not comfortable on that side.
That said, our outside backs are not the main problem- fixing the 6/7 spine component is. We saw last night, imo, a supreme team (Melbourne) who won easily because their spine is the best oiled machine in the league. Grant is where it starts, Hughes and Munster feed off him and Paps finishes the moves off.
Penrith should be afraid- very afraid.

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
Lodge is a dragons special imo.. esp after missing RCG.. but tbf we could afford another big name on top of Lodge, but with Lodge atleast its 1 bigger body signed.. lets hop it comes off though, obviously we chase a lot of guys but we cant the deal done usually.. Flanno knows Lodge also.

As for JAC, im on the fence, but id rather get him than leave cap unspent.. lets see what plays out, im positive Gould has no love for Flanno by the way he talks (and doesnt) about him on the podcast.. so lets see if a deal can be worked out.. we still need Rav gone, and I dont think dogs are gonna save us there.. i assume rav doesnt want to go to the UK or it would have been done by now.
Well Flanno just went up on my estimations !! and Im sure he is not losing any sleep over it, if it is correct.

Latest posts