What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep, the forwards were the ones who made him throw two awful passes to Nikora that ended in turnovers, show zero desperation to get to a loose ball that Turuva ends up hitting dead (before bunker found Hynes knocked on) at a crucial time in the game, show poor pass selection all night long, as well as rush up out of the line in defence and create space for Penrith on the outside. His kicking was awful too.

Hynes just isn't a half, and to an extent I feel bad that he gets so heavily criticised because he's deadset playing out of position. He's a fullback. At the same time, he's a million dollar halfback (in their team) and needs to be able to take criticism, which he's proven also incapable of doing, because his performances drop significantly at the slightest hint of analysis of his performances as a halfback. Another trait that proves he's not a half, he cannot take criticism. He's not the first expensive halfback to cop it from the media and fans, he's just simply not resilient enough in that sense to take it and improve.
With all his faults it has left me wondering whether or not our man Hunt has been giving him some tips on the side ? 🤔

TheRev

Coach
I'd be happy for between 3to4 years for Trindall, essentially we have to bet on someone.. tbh I dont care if its someone else.. he just seems like hes due for a big payday (hence possible to dislodge) and he would live nearby.. has done his apprentiship.. seems as good as any.. be surprised if he leaves the Sharks though.. and I certainly couldnt see them letting him go.. that said.. 500k missed in 2025 might be a good incentive for him to agitate.

I think we will go after Wishart too from Nov 1, but the journos said it was a club option in 2026.. not a player option as was initially reported.. but again.. another guy being paid 400k unders..

Someone like LKT/Reed/Hammoud might come through as a 6 in future years.. Reed can play both with an idea to taking the 7 later on (like moses did), but we need that rock @7 to build around.

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought Trindall had a poor game on the weekend, he went MIA, maybe he started to believe the hype.
He was a marked man justa. Played great against the Cowboys and I said in the Finals 2024 thread that he will come back to earth. Hynes also a weak link - haven't really thought him to be much good this year.

I'd still take Trindall if he is available to talk business.

justadragon

Bench
He was a marked man justa. Played great against the Cowboys and I said in the Finals 2024 thread that he will come back to earth. Hynes also a weak link - haven't really thought him to be much good this year.

I'd still take Trindall if he is available to talk business.
I dont know Dave, we just got a snapshot of who stands up in big games, we already have ones that dont and never will.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
He was involved in their only try, and almost kicked a huge 40-20 if not for a piece of brilliance from Dylan Edwards. Far from MIA
And your point being that because he was involved in their only try and almost kicked a 40-20 that's sufficient in getting the Sharks to a GF. Gee we have someone that's practically involved in every try we score and has the most try assists in the league, and he has stood up in how many big games ?

Sharks season over Flanno talking with 1 or 2 sharks boys November 1 .
Hope it is one of these guys, both big boppers with impressive PCMs and TE stats.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
I thought Trindall had a poor game on the weekend, he went MIA, maybe he started to believe the hype.
That's a bit unfair IMO. Had very limited opportunities and was very heavily marked. Kicking game was still reasonably good and he offered far more than Nicho as far as creativity goes. The rare good thing the Shire Scum did in attack revolved around him. And Penrith are very, very good and did their homework. I thought in a well beaten team he could hold his head up.
Also I liked the way he seemed really dirty about the way the game was going. I like players who hate losing. The McGregor and Griffin eras gave us a roster of players who see losing as business as usual.

Biglance

Bench
Hope it is one of these guys, both big boppers with impressive PCMs and TE stats.
Hazleton has been garbage over the last few months

Parko1310

Juniors
I thought Trindall was okay/good, not great. Kicking game was pretty good and the main standout, kept Cronulla in it for longer. Couple of things he didn't quite get right though. He's a good player, but for some of the figures being thrown around for him, it would be a no. If you could get him at a reasonable price, I'd take him. Pay too much though, we won't be able to afford a good enough team to put around him to win anything. Trindall won't win you a comp without quite a bit of help. In saying that, I'm glad this has eased some of the talk around Wishart, because some of the figures being thrown around for him on here were absurd. 350-400k player at absolute most. Tenacious, effort player who is alright, not much else. Would take Trindall over him every single day of the week.

Latest posts