What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
If we're looking at any prop from the Sharks, it should be Oregon Kaufusi. Hazleton isn't it. We need to finally spend some of our cap somewhere as we can't keep trying to compete so far under, would love Leo Thompson and/or Xavier Willison but would imagine they'll both stay where they are and get big pay increases. Still, those are two players I'd have to say surely you'd be willing to throw big money at, even decent overs.

BLM01

First Grade
I thought Trindall was okay/good, not great. Kicking game was pretty good and the main standout, kept Cronulla in it for longer. Couple of things he didn't quite get right though. He's a good player, but for some of the figures being thrown around for him, it would be a no. If you could get him at a reasonable price, I'd take him. Pay too much though, we won't be able to afford a good enough team to put around him to win anything. Trindall won't win you a comp without quite a bit of help. In saying that, I'm glad this has eased some of the talk around Wishart, because some of the figures being thrown around for him on here were absurd. 350-400k player at absolute most. Tenacious, effort player who is alright, not much else. Would take Trindall over him every single day of the week.
I agree on Trindall
To be fair it was not easy conditions with the rain and stuff
On Wishy I think give him a 6 he could excel as a Hunt replacement having a good running game
He would be worth a bit more than you are suggesting as a 6 to see how he goes but a good gamble as could slit in anywhere if it did not quite work out
1 7 or 9 or 3-4
We need a 7 who can organise and good kicker in general play
Hughes from Melb great player he is in attack is still not a great long kicker in General play but he is worth big $

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
Jahrome Hughes is 4 years older than Trindall though, and while he was always a great ball runner and attacking threat alongside the more dominant Munster, he has matured into being the magnificent well-rounded number 7 he is today. Such a fabulous player. I still remember when he was a reserve grade fullback/five-eighth with the Cowboys and we were close to signing him here at the Dragons. What a fork in the road of his career that was.

There are only a few top halves (6/7) that play consistently well and both teams are in GF. People get excited when Trindall, Sexton etc have a good game. When their teams lose they don't stand out as much. Panthers and Storm halves are always competitive.
While I have never rated Nicho too highly he did 26 tackles. His forwards were very ordinary.

TheRev

Coach
The eery silence since our season ended has me concerned.. I thought we would be 2-3 signings in by now, and if not players, atleast some staff.. I know its a long off-season, but if deals were ready to go they would be done by now.. it means we are still fighting for our signings.

The fact that Ravalawa was offered to the dogs also (albeit by a 3rd party), means he hasnt been offloaded either.. and he was one of the easier ones to move on I felt.. its Lawrie thats the problem-child.

TruSaint

Referee
The eery silence since our season ended has me concerned.. I thought we would be 2-3 signings in by now, and if not players, atleast some staff.. I know its a long off-season, but if deals were ready to go they would be done by now.. it means we are still fighting for our signings.

The fact that Ravalawa was offered to the dogs also (albeit by a 3rd party), means he hasnt been offloaded either.. and he was one of the easier ones to move on I felt.. its Lawrie thats the problem-child.

Honestly Rev, I can't see much happening.

My only hope is that Hunt is moved on, and we get a decent half in to release cap pressure. I think he is done with us. My biggest concern is we haven't signed any big bodies ( not Lawrie esq ), up front. A lot of rumours but thats all.

As to the backline, Zac is moving on, we are looking to release Rava, with only Val coming in. Thus far.

Phantom V

Juniors

Buy 1 get 1 free??

Dragon David

First Grade

It is quiet the Rev. It is like the place has closed up for the next month or so before the pre-season gets up and running before closing again for the festive season and pick up again sometime in the new year.

Many staff and players are taking breaks and holidays etc except maybe a few like Flanno trying his best to finalise a signing or two before he has a well earned break.

Our pulling power and success rate of securing decent players, especially a top hard nosed prop who we really do need, even with Flanno at the helm, has been impotent. Yes we have signed Holmes and Cook but as usual its the big brutes that we try and get that don't want to come to us. We have been linked to RCG, Saifiti, etc ages ago and duck eggs result.

The Dragons needed a high quality recruitment guy and failed to secure Peter O'Sullivan who has been working overtime to have players re-signed and new players signed at the Knights and because of his successful background we would have been able to get some players by now if he came to us instead.

Flanno cannot do it all and who we do have can't get who we need.

I can see that at the end of the dark tunnel we will sign some guys who will just make up the numbers, again. Boy, how exciting it is to be a Dragons supporter - NOT.

possm

Coach
It is quiet the Rev. It is like the place has closed up for the next month or so before the pre-season gets up and running before closing again for the festive season and pick up again sometime in the new year.

Many staff and players are taking breaks and holidays etc except maybe a few like Flanno trying his best to finalise a signing or two before he has a well earned break.

Our pulling power and success rate of securing decent players, especially a top hard nosed prop who we really do need, even with Flanno at the helm, has been impotent. Yes we have signed Holmes and Cook but as usual its the big brutes that we try and get that don't want to come to us. We have been linked to RCG, Saifiti, etc ages ago and duck eggs result.

The Dragons needed a high quality recruitment guy and failed to secure Peter O'Sullivan who has been working overtime to have players re-signed and new players signed at the Knights and because of his successful background we would have been able to get some players by now if he came to us instead.

Flanno cannot do it all and who we do have can't get who we need.

I can see that at the end of the dark tunnel we will sign some guys who will just make up the numbers, again. Boy, how exciting it is to be a Dragons supporter - NOT.
I have concluded that although Flanno is a good coach, he is not a good recruitment manager.

Latest posts