What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
- Hetherington and Paix were confirmed by Madge as staying.. so maybe someone else will be shaken loose.
- Def not waiting for Nov 1 here yet.. 2025 is the year that worries me... I would have thought 2-3 signings would be done by now.. and 1-2 moved on... radio silence..
- Coric I think will take another year on a development contract.. just have a feeling after he wasnt farewelled end of season.

Phantom V

Juniors
No rumours, no media saying who we are after. All quiet.

It means that Flanno is keeping things close to his chest and he will announce a couple of key signings in the weeks ahead. I'm banking on it. But don't take it as gospel, it is only a hunch and like most of my hunches..
I hope you’re right DD. It’s hard to remain optimistic when most other clubs have been on the front foot with their recruitment. I thought we’d at least get either Siafiti or RCG. Fingers crossed we get some good news soon

justadragon

Bench
I think we all complained when Flanno made a few public statements and then got burnt. So I would rather hear nothing rather than crap that will never happen. It's a hard market and Flanno is a hard arse regardless of this massive war chest that we speak about. Look at the Rorters and who they are losing but apart from a couple of dud signings who are they getting,,,,,,but we all know better and we know uncle Nick will be up to something. I'm hoping for once that we are the club that swoops in at the last min. BTW I'm not too fussed that we lost out on RCG or DS, lets look within eh. As a sidenote look at the players we have poached from the Penrith juniors in Harold Matts and SG Ball, hang in there lads we are starting to do business the proper way, build the club from the ground up, thats our future.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think we all complained when Flanno made a few public statements and then got burnt. So I would rather hear nothing rather than crap that will never happen. It's a hard market and Flanno is a hard arse regardless of this massive war chest that we speak about. Look at the Rorters and who they are losing but apart from a couple of dud signings who are they getting,,,,,,but we all know better and we know uncle Nick will be up to something. I'm hoping for once that we are the club that swoops in at the last min. BTW I'm not too fussed that we lost out on RCG or DS, lets look within eh. As a sidenote look at the players we have poached from the Penrith juniors in Harold Matts and SG Ball, hang in there lads we are starting to do business the proper way, build the club from the ground up, thats our future.
Here, here!

Yes, not too keen on Welch. He just doesn't have that punch in him even though he is a toiler but we need grunt with a capital G and he doesn't have that.
If it is Welch, Flanagan is obviously looking for an experienced hard head to lead our pack, and help develop the younger forwards coming through.
But along with a few others here, I also have a concern about getting say 2 really good years out of him.
My question about RCG, is the delay in the news about announcing his next club because he is heading back to Penrith??

Gardenia

Bench
No rumours, no media saying who we are after. All quiet.

It means that Flanno is keeping things close to his chest and he will announce a couple of key signings in the weeks ahead. I'm banking on it. But don't take it as gospel, it is only a hunch and like most of my hunches..
I think all of the focus atm is on the dally Ms and the GF

Latest posts