What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
When was the last time the club did their "utmost" to achieve anything good? They lucked into Flanno, they lucked into Bennett. That's how they roll. Incompetent.

Cold hard facts are that Lodge is an improvement on what we have now. How scary is that?
Our coach is doing his utmost. Almost snagged us POS, RCG and gone hard after some real big names..but
it is our football department nuffies and bosses that cant seal a deal, offer incentives and we are left standing at the altar

possm

Coach
I suspect we will sign Lodge soon.. but that would be the 'absolute bare minimum' in terms of a competitive 2025 roster for me.. if the other slots are just leftovers guys like ur Nu Brown or Eisenhuth (though tbf he went alright mostly).. that sort of ilk.. then its not good for us.. as I'm seeing every other roster with new talent coming in for 2025.

And I'm not sure we are waiting till Nov1 on purpose.. I think we are just missing our marks.. a few of em signed or extended elsewhere I am led to believe we were talking too.. we just cant close em.

I do however hope there is going to be a shock'and'awe unexpected Hunt trade or something hit us in coming weeks.. but the longer this plays out the less likely that is.. before you know it, its going to be pre-season.
This season we have had our opportunities to recruit players that would have made a positive difference to our squad. Unfortunately, we have not been very successful in recruitment. My view is that although Flanno is a great coach, he may not be the best recruitment manager. As usual, our penny-pinching Board has been reluctant to appoint a professional recruitment manager ever since Millard became unavailable to do the job. Little does the Board appreciate that SGI has missed some great opportunities to secure some excellent players.

I suggest the Board urgently appoint a new CEO and Recruitment manager and delegate the authority to sign players on the proviso they keep within the Club's salary cap. A five-year plan would be a great leap forward.

CEO to approve the spending
Coach to identify players he wants and consider other available players.
Recruitment officer to win negotiations by using a very positive sales pitch.
Recruitment team to maintain a good and positive relationship with player managers.

possm

Coach
Which is why Gus said in his Clayton’s review that changing the coach won’t make a difference.
At the time, the Saints should have hired Gould as their GM of football. He has good experience with junior development and knows how to sign a player. Haran is as useless as pockets in a singlet.