What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Milford could be an indication they are letting one of their halves go though (they already have far too many, Carter Gordon also)... Hunt would be bought to play 9 I would imagine. But yes im bracing for the reality that he is seeing out his contact.

I can't imagine a 34 year old Hunt (35 next March) will be wanting to / or able to play hooker week in week out in the modern version of rugby league - possibly the fastest, most brutal team sport on the planet. Besides, his best qualities are as a running, kicking half. There's no hiding at Hooker. It might be ok for 3 SOO's a year behind a great pack of forwards to help him out but a weekly gig, nah, not little Benny.

getsmarty

Immortal

Parko1310

Juniors
I can't imagine not watching the Dragons, or following them, but if Dean Young became coach I just simply would withdraw and I wouldn't really care about what's happening with the club. Would show that zero has changed in reality. Not a good enough coach to take us anywhere near the top, so I would just simply accept that for the time he's in charge, we'll do absolutely nothing of note. That would be a long time too, because they won't want to ever sack Deano. I'd just be basically done with the club for that period

Gareth67

First Grade
Well we do have a bit of bad news gents , the Titans have signed Anthony Milford thus quashing any talk about our man Hunt going there .

It does appear that he will be here next season after all .
The bright side off this is that perhaps Mitchell Moses ( only a unsubstantiated bull- shat rumour I realize ) can get some tips from him ? 😳
My very , very , very bad error . It was the Dolphins that resigned Milford , not the Titans .

That being the case , then perhaps at some time during the off-season Hunt may still go North for good . If not then the man must give his absolute best to the Dragons for what will then be his final year at the club .

He owes that much to his teammates and the fans whom have supported him throughout his tenure with the Big Red V .

TheRev

Coach
I am concerned about Hunts 2025 mental state given he and the coach wanted to move on but we couldnt make it work.. Hunt will hopefully stand-down from rep duties early.. tbh that was when the season derailed for me.. he had a rly hard time getting up week to week from that point... his running game went away.

It is what it is though.. and will be very interested to see who the other half that comes into the mix will be.

Also interested to see if we chase anyone hard on Nov 1st.. all be it for 2026.. just glancing thru some possible names that may not be there in a months time.. but:

Reynolds, Fogarty (CO so maybe not), Weekes, Taaffe, Hutchinson, Trindall, Atkinson, O'Sullivan, Boyd, Foran, DCE, Pezet, Wishart (Think CO again), Hastings, Te Maire Martin, Gutho, Schneider, C.Walker, Ilias, S.Walker, Doueihi.

I don't think any of the top tier ones are going anywhere near us, but there are a couple of ok names in there.. id be very nervous though.. but what else can we do.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I am concerned about Hunts 2025 mental state given he and the coach wanted to move on but we couldnt make it work.. Hunt will hopefully stand-down from rep duties early.. tbh that was when the season derailed for me.. he had a rly hard time getting up week to week from that point... his running game went away.

It is what it is though.. and will be very interested to see who the other half that comes into the mix will be.

Also interested to see if we chase anyone hard on Nov 1st.. all be it for 2026.. just glancing thru some possible names that may not be there in a months time.. but:

Reynolds, Fogarty (CO so maybe not), Weekes, Taaffe, Hutchinson, Trindall, Atkinson, O'Sullivan, Boyd, Foran, DCE, Pezet, Wishart (Think CO again), Hastings, Te Maire Martin, Gutho, Schneider, C.Walker, Ilias, S.Walker, Doueihi.

I don't think any of the top tier ones are going anywhere near us, but there are a couple of ok names in there.. id be very nervous though.. but what else can we do.
Ru sure both coach and Hunt wanted to move on or is that media BS speculation derived from an honest review of performance

TheRev

Coach
Ru sure both coach and Hunt wanted to move on or is that media BS speculation derived from an honest review of performance
pretty sure on both parties.. but it doesnt really matter anymore.. lets just hope Flanno can make it work.. and lets see if we can shake a few free early come Nov 1st to assist..