What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Bench
Fa'alogo is exciting to watch at times sure, but he isn't actually that good. Just catches the eye because he's very flashy. Defence is terrible, from what I can gather lacks much understanding of what's required in a game (either that or he's just busy lairing it up). You're not just gonna hand him the fullback jersey, especially for the money he'll look for. Someone like the Tigers or Warriors might be dumb enough to pay him what he wants despite severely lacking in a lot of areas, hopefully not us.
Sounds like he would be another Dufty then. But not as electric

Gardenia

Bench
Lachlan Illias I hear is close to being done at Saints and on the cheap. He has history with Cookie at Souths so will fit in and be a stop gap solution only. Up to him to earn a permanent spot for the future as it will be a 2 year deal.

Faalongo will remind me off a Flanno signing when he had Ben Barba at the Sharks. He will be an outstanding signing. Ben Barba was not that good in defence but his attack sure made up for it. I feel he is a Flanno type signing. I am sure that is what Flanno is trying to achieve with Sloan but if he does go down the Faalongo path the Sloan will be playing a lot of KOE next season.

I really hope this Mitch Moses rumour is true that was mentioned previously. That would be outstanding but I highly doubt it. If so I will be very impressed with Saints if they can pull this one off. It will make up years of rubbish recruiting.

As for JAC, I fee that if it does happen, it will be similar to RFM with the Dogs. That is they may buckle and give him to saints but leave it to the last minute before the comp starts so he has no much of an off season.
I agree with all of this Slippery.

Only to add that if Faalongo is a good idea due to his attacking skills, then why not bring back Dufty?

Reactions: jak

Gardenia

Bench
I believe you could very well be right Desperate Dragon, in as much as a possible English Super League signing.

Although he somewhat older , he still has more than enough speed to score plenty of tries over there in pommy land .
They would absolutely love him over there

TheRev

Coach
Yah I think pezet will be fine, the problem is he's quite inexperienced, so I can't see him as a flanno first choice for hunt replacement.. Ilias has a fair bit more experience.. Though whoever we sign, I imagine 2025 might be a bit of a chance to trial them ahead of hunt leaving... Try before we commit.

Latest posts