What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
For me, it is:
Sign props Lodge and RCG and move on Lawrie and BMM.
Sign Schider - and move on Hunt
Sign JAC
1. Holmes - Solid in defense, great in attack, can organize our backline
2. JAC - Very quick, great finisher, great bringing the ball back
3. Suli
4. Allan - Let's see how he goes at center
5. Tuipulotu - Stepped up in 2024, ready for a break out season
6. Flannigan
7. Schneider - Young halfback who is great in attack and defense
8. Lodge - Youph first-grade prop
9. Cook - experienced hooker
10. RCG- Touph first-grade prop
11. Leilua - needs to improve his fitness
12. Su'A - (c)
13. De Belin

14. Liddle - Will learn a lot from Cook
15. F Molo
16. T Couchman - is ready for a breakout season
17. R Couchman - is ready for a breakout season

If the above 17 are fully fit they can match it with the best. This team will surprise by making the top 4.
Possm, RCG has signed with the Titans

TheRev

Coach
I remember Faalago hitting like an axe in defence when he debuted for samoa, but havent seen it as much recently.. he is older than I thought though.. the same age as Sloan basically, but Faalagos attack is 6x what Sloans is.. he will make blokes miss on almost every attempt, hes a scary mofo for a broken line.

I dont think we need to discuss him though, cause I dont think hes the sort of guy Flanno will want to go for.. I think he wants a safe fullback.. hes jack of leaking points and dropped bombs and out of position fullbacks.. its dropping the team out of contests that we should be staying in for much longer than we do... which must pi$$ him off immensely... those soft tries are a huge part of why we have blow out scorelines.. you have to stay in the contest.

Faalago however might end up being one of the most elite fullbacks out there... I just dont think we will take the gamble.. but I raised his name as I think he and Pezet are the most likely to drop out if they are keeping Wishart, who can cover both positions anyway.

maestro1

Bench
Could Flanno teach him to defend, has not done so with Sloan or Sullivan when he was with us.
I think so. Sloan's defence has improved since 2023. Still a bit to go, but an huge off season with some tough love sessions and a bit more size which builds defensive and attacking confidence. Anybody who thinks Sloan has no more improvement in him will be pleasantly surprised. Flanno is going to harden him up, bulk him up and attitude him up.

I think Faalogo would be an awesome 6 or 7. I also think that a cheap Ilias, on a 1 or 2 year deal, where he has to prove himself is a bargain.

maestro1

Bench
You watch Bellamy turn Faalago into a 6 or 7. There is no path to fullback as Paps will play there while available. More chance in the halves as there are 2 positions that have to be covered. Bellamy has previously done it with with Cronk and Hughes.

BLM01

First Grade
P
You watch Bellamy turn Faalago into a 6 or 7. There is no path to fullback as Paps will play there while available. More chance in the halves as there are 2 positions that have to be covered. Bellamy has previously done it with with Cronk and Hughes.
problem was Cronk was a fair bit older and on his way out and Hughes could already cover fullback
Faalogo may have to wait a long time

TheRev

Coach
Sloane can play ressies I reckon, Gutho is unlikely to play every game either.. I think this is good for Sloane, something to work towards.. but tbh this is the preseason for him.. bulk up and see if it helps with the aerial contact and tackle breaking ability.

Gutho could also give us Centre coverage.. with Sloane coming back into f/back.. I feel just a lot better about our depth if he comes.

I didnt know how we would even spend our cap, but JAC/Gutho would chew up most of those extra dollars.. Lodge is necessary though.. atleast 1 proper prop... 2 would be great but we might need to wait for that.. see if we can move on Rava/Lawrie first.

CozDragon

Juniors
Gutho fits our requirements to be the slowest backline in the comp…
What chance if he is signed for fullback that Sloan requests a release?
If anything it would make our backline quicker??? If Gutho signs, he goes to fullback and Sloan to wing. Both of them are quicker than Tuipolotu so it makes us quicker...

If the Addocarr talk is true then we could have a backline of Gutho, Sloan, Fox, Holmes and Suli. That is considerably quicker than our backline this year...

If Sloan requests a release because of that and does not see the huge benefit he could get from having someone like Gutho to learn from, then that is his decision. If he chooses to leave the first time he has actual competition and a genuine fullback to learn from, then it's for the best.

TheRev

Coach
I could take or leave JAC.. but if the deal works out.. I would actually enjoy his sense of humour around the boys too.. we can be a bit serious at times.

TheRev

Coach
Wing is a funny one.. I rly think SFinau is first choice... Ctui just in front of Feagai/Allan.. although tbf Allan is an unknown quantity at this stage.. he might surprise us... Ravalawa I dont think will see first grade again.. and Ramsey I think is going to be centre or fback coverage if he makes it at all.

Latest posts