What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I'm in favour of moving on the million-dollar man and bringing Gutho into No 6, moving Kyle (or Lykhan) into No 7 (not perfect I know but I can't stomach another 12 months of Hunt's hang dog expression and underperforming) and-most importantly- appoint Gutho captain. At last, we'd have a captain WHO IS PASSIONATE AND CAN COMMUNICATE.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Did you hear that from your contact or is that your own assumption?

I can't say I hate the idea. I still think we need an additional prop but hopefully moves are made in the offseason and we can get a big one.
That’s just putting together what I’ve heard , with the prop situation I think Flanno has accepted that he can only nab 1 and will prioritise the development of the Couchmans

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Nothing wrong with a beaten up old Datsun, JubileeJeffro. I had a 180B back in the day. Sunroof, mag wheels and a CB radio. I was the envy of the western suburbs. It even had a little knob you pulled out and the accelerator pedal went down. Bit like a manual cruise control. Ah, those were the days.
That's a big no from me. Had a180B and it was the biggest heap of shit I've ever owned

Gareth67

First Grade
If - and unfortunately it’s a very big if the Dragons did sign Gutherson then I would play him at fullback. It is the position that he excels at and would be the position that would be most beneficial to the team .

To finally have a decent player as our last line of defence and also one who is still able to make yardage through opposing teams is exactly what we have been screaming out for many a year now .

May the footy gods smile upon us and persuade Gutherson to play his final few seasons at the Big Red V .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
If - and unfortunately it’s a very big if the Dragons did sign Gutherson then I would play him at fullback. It is the position that he excels at and would be the position that would e most beneficial to the team .

To finally have a decent player as our last line of defence and also one who is still able to make yardage through opposing teams is exactly what we have been screaming out for many a year now .

May the footy gods smile upon us and persuade Gutherson to play his final few seasons at the Big Red V .
100% Gareth, he’s a fullback, and a bloody solid one. Sloan won’t start at fullback next season, even if we miss out on Gutho I don’t think Sloan plays 1, we need better.

Gareth67

First Grade
100% Gareth, he’s a fullback, and a bloody solid one. Sloan won’t start at fullback next season, even if we miss out on Gutho I don’t think Sloan plays 1, we need better.
Just so Crush , there is no reason to play him out of position. It far too late in his career expect the man to take on the added responsibility of say five / eighth , allow him to play his natural game where he is at his best - fullback.

He could be the Dragons version of ‘ Teddy the Tedesco ‘ ! 😳

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Thats the beauty of the Gutho signing though.. he can help us with Fullback, Ctr, 5/8.. options.. maybe he doesnt excel at 5/8 tbh.. but if we cop injuries im sure he could do a job.

Its sort of what we were trying to buy in Talagi, same 3 positions covered.. Holmes covers fullback, ctr, wing.. it might not be needed for 2025.. but Flanno was completely hamstrung this year.. he wanted players dropped but he just didnt have positional depth to adjust.

Latest posts