What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Had a 200B for a while. Auto and air.

Had to turn the air off coming back up Mt Ousley.
Sadly I could only afford a beat up Datsun 1600. I bought it mainly because it came with a radio already built in! I crashed the first one (a dull grey one) and replaced it with an orange one. I crashed that one too! Great little cars with a slick "4 on the floor" gearbox.

Parko1310

Juniors
Carayanis saying his opinion is Gutho has played his last Eels game. Dragons one of the only teams that are looking at a starting fullback and have the money.

Also said we'd have the salary cap to accomodate both Gutho and JAC, but JAC will have to bring his 500k asking price down. Said no chance of JAC going to Eels, so we may be his only option if he wants an NRL contract. He will have to take a pay cut. Focus will shift further to a middle forward if we get Gutho.. JAC will be on the back burner, and as I said, have to bring his price down

Kolum Kid

Juniors
That’s a bit harsh, Kolum. Clutch went on me once out the back of Windsor. But other than that, it never missed a beat. It was a mustard colour. That probably made the difference.
Sorry Old Westie, It was my fault. I traded down from Sandman van when my son was born. The clutch didn't like slow crawl in peak hour traffic and needed constant replacement. Also the body metal was thinner than a sardine can. Other than that it did the job. LOL

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I really hope this Gutho signing does not end up like a Jack Bird signing IF it happens that is. Jack also can cover fullback, centre and 5/8, how did that pan out? And Jack has won a GF? Both at the back end of their careers and pretty busted up. Saints would have to do a full medical on Gutho before getting him to join for that much coin or they could have stuck with jack for half the price.

I think Gutho has far less brain explosions in him than Jack but to me are similar and Saints just got rid of Jack. If Saints are to get Gutho, they surely should not offer more than 500k. Gutho has more leadership qualities I suppose. A halves pairing of Gutho and KFlanno is not one that I feel can win a comp but hey a halves combo of Hornby and Sowie was hugely underestimated and these 2 boys ended up doing a expectational job. I hope Saints get the same success with this combo. Unless it is an Gutho and Illias halves pairing and KFlanno is the utility. KFlanno can cover the halves and Gutho to Fullback or centre if there is an injury.

Sloan on the wing may surprise a few. He can go sniffing around looking for the ball like other good wingers do and potentially break games open. He may end up being like a Khan-Perriera at the Titans and finish up with 20+ tries. He definitely is capable.

With the forwards available, none to me are better options than the Couchman boys. If these 2 kids have break out years that will really solve a lot of problems and I honestly believe they can be elite forwards. Bringing in a dud like Lodge or some other guy will take more minutes of the 2 twins.

justadragon

Bench
Carayanis saying his opinion is Gutho has played his last Eels game. Dragons one of the only teams that are looking at a starting fullback and have the money.

Also said we'd have the salary cap to accomodate both Gutho and JAC, but JAC will have to bring his 500k asking price down. Said no chance of JAC going to Eels, so we may be his only option if he wants an NRL contract. He will have to take a pay cut. Focus will shift further to a middle forward if we get Gutho.. JAC will be on the back burner, and as I said, have to bring his price down
JAC should take a pay cut, after all he wont be available for the first 4 games and should simply take a pay cut as punishment for his stupidity, I still dont know about this one, but hey Flanno does.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Potential Team 2025

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Tyrell Sloan
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Moses Suli
5. Josh Addo - Carr
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Francis Molo
9. Damien Cook
10. Jack De Belin
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Jaydn Su’a ( C )
13. Toby Couchman
BENCH
14. Jacob Liddle
15. Hame Sele
16. Matt Lodge
17. Raymond Faitala - Mariner

dungay dragon

Juniors
Potential Team 2025

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Tyrell Sloan
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Moses Suli
5. Josh Addo - Carr
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Francis Molo
9. Damien Cook
10. Jack De Belin
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Jaydn Su’a ( C )
13. Toby Couchman
BENCH
14. Jacob Liddle
15. Hame Sele
16. Matt Lodge
Leo Thomson (knights) testing the market Nov 1
Would put him ahead of Lodge , but either will get the job done ..
Gives the pack that much needed Mongrel edge

dungay dragon

Juniors
I didn’t include Leo as I don’t think he leaves prior to 2026
BR
Complicated one
He is going to test the market , but his brother is joining the knights from 25 , to keep him happy ..
Thinking he is a back rower , and we are stocked full of those , so may prove difficult
Heard Kafusi resigned with Sharks for 2 more years , would have been handy
Young Pole from Tigers is available ...Looks promising but still very new and Flanno was desp searching for that hard edged experienced prop .....

TheRev

Coach
We will try for Leo, but I think he's far too hot a property to come too us.. doesnt mean we dont try though.

Obviously very keen to get that 1 big middle for 2025 still.

RedVee

First Grade
Sadly I could only afford a beat up Datsun 1600. I bought it mainly because it came with a radio already built in! I crashed the first one (a dull grey one) and replaced it with an orange one. I crashed that one too! Great little cars with a slick "4 on the floor" gearbox.
I did my driving test in a Datsun 1600. Great little car.

blacksafake

First Grade
Potential Team 2025

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Tyrell Sloan
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Moses Suli
5. Josh Addo - Carr
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Francis Molo
9. Damien Cook
10. Jack De Belin
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Jaydn Su’a ( C )
13. Toby Couchman
BENCH
14. Jacob Liddle
15. Hame Sele
16. Matt Lodge
Replace RFM with someone else & you’ve got me.

Jubilee

Juniors
I was just at the Parra forum to get their view on Gutho. Someone was saying there were social media rumors of Sione Finau to Parra.

Latest posts