What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ieatass

Juniors
I don't know where you guys are getting 750k from, Hunts on just over $1 Million this year and next. Dragons won't be chipping in any money if he moves on next year, Flanno doesn't work like that. All the club has done is told him he can start negotiating with other clubs two weeks early, this will show Hunt that he's not worth anywhere near what he think he's worth and will be the kick up the ass that he needs if he wants to get picked up by another club for 2026.

I predict that Hunt will still be here next year, as he won't want to take a significant pay cut, which will stop all the sulking that's coming out of him and he'll have a solid year for us, because he'll be fighting for his last contract.

As for Adam Doueihi the poor lad has had extremely bad luck with injury, but he's also a genuine footy player that covers a lot of positions. He's currently on close to a minimum contract with the Tigers, so if we pick him up for $200,000-$250,000 then thats a steal in my eyes. Especially with the new salary cap, a $500,000 player last year is now a $600,000-$650,000 player.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't know where you guys are getting 750k from, Hunts on just over $1 Million this year and next. Dragons won't be chipping in any money if he moves on next year, Flanno doesn't work like that. All the club has done is told him he can start negotiating with other clubs two weeks early, this will show Hunt that he's not worth anywhere near what he think he's worth and will be the kick up the ass that he needs if he wants to get picked up by another club for 2026.

I predict that Hunt will still be here next year, as he won't want to take a significant pay cut, which will stop all the sulking that's coming out of him and he'll have a solid year for us, because he'll be fighting for his last contract.

As for Adam Doueihi the poor lad has had extremely bad luck with injury, but he's also a genuine footy player that covers a lot of positions. He's currently on close to a minimum contract with the Tigers, so if we pick him up for $200,000-$250,000 then thats a steal in my eyes. Especially with the new salary cap, a $500,000 player last year is now a $600,000-$650,000 player.
You talk Shit :D

TruSaint

Referee

Damned if you do... Damned if you don't.

The Club has called him out. If he stays it will stuff our Club going forward.
It only delays the inevitable.

He will lift in the games leading to origin and produce SFA in between.

With respect, I care NOT about his sulking. He can do that at another Club.

be55

Juniors
Michael Chammas reporting we are interested in Adam Doueihi

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

redv13

Bench
Damned if you do... Damned if you don't.

The Club has called him out. If he stays it will stuff our Club going forward.
It only delays the inevitable.

He will lift in the games leading to origin and produce SFA in between.

With respect, I care NOT about his sulking. He can do that at another Club.
Yeah I’ve had a gut full of his shit talking which always seems to step up when he’s away in rep camp. He can seriously go f**k himself, so over his pathetic attitude. Million dollar captain and he acts like an absolute amateur sometimes. His words and actions are a disgrace to the red V. Enough of this rubbish

maestro1

Bench

He could play prop ( pink text) and make more metres than Lawrie and at less than half of what it costs us for Lawrie. Is Haran still employed by us. ???? He signed Lawrie and Rav for 3 seasons on lots and thought he'd done extremely well. 🙆‍♂️

Jubilee

Juniors

It is mostly a question of slots and partly of freeing up money. We want Gutho. But do we have the roster space and the cash for him? If we can move Hunt, we do.

I agree that Hunt will not take a pay cut and will still be with us next year unless his pay - whatever it is - is received in full. So that is why we would pay part of his salary. To free up a slot.

As to 2026, who cares what he earns, but he is better off negotiating it now rather than a year from now.

Latest posts