What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
My greatest fear is ultimately no club will take Hunt off our hands

need to be moved immediately

If he remains with us the atmosphere will be even more toxic
Yes but if Hunts form is good enough for 1st grade he can play next year, if not Reggies
But it will also confirm he may need to retire after 25 unless he takes a huge haircut to go elsewhere and we won’t extend him
We all know what players do when they’re playing for a contract

TruSaint

Referee
Do we know that the club wants a player in the deal with Hunt? Maybe they are just happy to see him gone?

Flanno keeps saying what he should from a club perspective. You can go, but what do we get in return.

Can't see Hunt playing for us again. There is no upside anymore. If he does it's a year wasted. Should he stay, it is only because he couldn't find another money pot. He will play well until Origin.. thats it.

jak

Bench
Yes there is definitely room for a big man on the bench.. Tonga might be that man by late next season.. and whether we can carry him + 2 couchmans on the bench as well, im not sure.

I think for their age, Toby & Ryan r above expectation.. but if we do sign 2 big experienced middles (plus jack, frank, sele).. thats 5 props not counting the couchies.. meaning 1 or both of them are likely back in reserve grade until we get injuries again.. this is the reason I suspect that they are keen to hold off on the re-contract.. or it could just be money expectations.

But whatever happens with the couchies contracts.. ive stopped worrying about it, what will be will be.. this is Flannos problem to work out... and it wont be easy to juggle them.

Note: Im pretty sure the TomE extension was fake news.. its not on any official challenges.. unless he is hobering around as a backup plan for if they cant secure a 2nd middle.
my tip for toby couchman , put him in the 13 and leave him there , he's going to be MY rod Reddy of the future

TheRev

Coach
my tip for toby couchman , put him in the 13 and leave him there , he's going to be MY rod Reddy of the future
I agree, I think they have that cam murray type build and footwork, not sure about the passing.. Ryan made a meal of his move back into the 2nd row later in the year.. too much to think about.. but they just need some time in the position.

But I dont see anything Eisenhuth could do, that Toby couldnt do with younger legs and more energy.. esp if you fast forward 12-24mths.. im worried we will lose 1 or both.. but it is what it is...

Short-term though I could see one of our signings playing 13 for 2025.. just depends who it is.. I think Flanno wants another 1st grade hardened body.. a prop I suspect.

Reactions: jak

SEAT 1A

Bench
Flanno keeps saying what he should from a club perspective. You can go, but what do we get in return.

Can't see Hunt playing for us again. There is no upside anymore. If he does it's a year wasted. Should he stay, it is only because he couldn't find another money pot. He will play well until Origin.. thats it.

NOV 1 can't come quick enough.

Latest posts