What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waqa Blake appreciation thread

lucablight

First Grade
Fmd a Waqa Blake appreciation thread.

It's almost like we hand these threads out to these shit centres we buy as much as MON gives out POs in contracts.
Let’s not play revisionist history here. He was actually good in 2021. He deserved his own appreciation thread at the time. He lost the plot after that.

Noise

Coach
Waqa Blake and Shaun Lane were my 2 most despised players. Waqa has improved a lot. He still has no idea how to draw and pass though defensively I am liking his progress.

That leaves Shaun Lane as the laziest, dopiest merkin on the team.
I went back and read the start of the thread. 3 years later and nothing has changed re Lane.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I went back and read the start of the thread. 3 years later and nothing has changed re Lane.
Great decision to give him a four year deal.

“It would of made his price cheaper, it’s what’re smart clubs do blah blah blah blah”

T.S Quint

Coach
Great decision to give him a four year deal.

“It would of made his price cheaper, it’s what’re smart clubs do blah blah blah blah”

When we we-signed him he had just had a career year. Won the Eels player of the year award and was a major part of us making the Grand Final.

Four years was probably a year too long, but hindsight is always right, isn’t it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When we we-signed him he had just had a career year. Won the Eels player of the year award and was a major part of us making the Grand Final.

Four years was probably a year too long, but hindsight is always right, isn’t it.
Mate we were his 4th club in how many years??? Yeah his great in 2022 but he’s always been an up and down player. 4 year deals are for elite halves, play makers or rep quality forwards. Lane is none of these things.

T.S Quint

Coach
Mate we were his 4th club in how many years??? Yeah his great in 2022 but he’s always been an up and down player. 4 year deals are for elite halves, play makers or rep quality forwards. Lane is none of these things.

He was definitely rep quality in 2022.
Unfortunately that was the year we had to make the decision whether to te-sign him or let him go.
I’m trying to imagine the uproar on here if we let him leave after he was our beat forward that year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was definitely rep quality in 2022.
Unfortunately that was the year we had to make the decision whether to te-sign him or let him go.
I’m trying to imagine the uproar on here if we let him leave after he was our beat forward that year.
No one would of said boo if it was a two year deal but a 4 year deal was always a massive risk for a bloke like him. Hopefully with RS here now we are taking back some control from the players and their managers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Is a year too long worse than paying too much per year?

bazza

Immortal
3 year deal would have been fair
He could then have a decent year in 2025 since he would need to

Latest posts