What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Ahead

benoir91

Juniors
Following the bye we have

Knights Away
Broncos Home
Warriors Away
Cowboys Home

Now realistically we should win 3 of the 4 at very worst, the upcoming weeks are our real chance to string a few wins together and move up into the top 4, IMO if we struggle during these next few weeks we will yet again playing finals footy from the bottom of the 8 once again and it is naive to think we can make a real charge at the title from there again.

Following these games we play

Panthers Away
Bulldogs Away
Roosters Home
Titans Away
Broncos Away
Tigers Home
Rabbitohs Away

A very, very tough run home. We can't be relying on winning these games to make the 8, or it is likely we will miss the 8 completely

IMO it is going to be an extremely cruicial next few weeks

Eels Dude

Coach
I know it's a cliche but I believe in 'Take one game at a time theory'. Once you start looking 3 or 4 or 8 weeks in advance that's where you jinx yourself. You can say we should win 3 of our next 4 and you're probably right but lose the first and then you need a complete rethink. All that's in my mind is the Newcastle game and I stick by that attitude.

BigMarn

Juniors
Will be interesting to see if we set up camp for a week in Queensland with us playing both the Broncos and Titans in consecutive weeks.

eels_fan

First Grade
I agree Benoir - the 4 games after the bye are crucial to our season

3 out of 4 wins puts us on 22pts with 7 to play, basically meaning we would probably make the 8 with 3/7 wins and a top 4 spot with 5/7

I really think if we take the form and attitude from the Storm game we can go on a charge and winning all 4 of those games is not out of the question!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
We have a better team then all of those teams. Would be good to see us prove it like we did on Friday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
i've never really ever wanted to look beyond our next game and this is no different, I still can't work out our mob, I still think we have a mental defficiency to overcome and until we do that we're not guaranteed of anything.

jk13

First Grade
i'm taking the week off for the titans & bronco match in qld, can't wait to finally support the team in person