What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
Time to bite the bullet, Hastings to rehab, fix or retirement. Pick new 7, young Sutton from Cup would be the best long term choice With Gamble at 6.
Other changes should be made with 2025 vision
He’ll pick Cogger if Hastings is out which is even more depressing.

We're so quick to write of Pryce for the year? I was as concerned about his defence as anyone before he made his debut but I could see a genuine good 1st grade half in him given a good partner and a firing pack

I guess those 2 factors have fallen away in recent weeks but I'd still like to see more of him in 2024

Yosh

Coach
We're so quick to write of Pryce for the year? I was as concerned about his defence as anyone before he made his debut but I could see a genuine good 1st grade half in him given a good partner and a firing pack

I guess those 2 factors have fallen away in recent weeks but I'd still like to see more of him in 2024
I think he just wasn't ready for first grade every week. I want to see him and Gamble play in the halves.

Woody90

Juniors

I’d give Pryce and Gamble a run together. With the season already over it’s a perfect time to give him a good run to see whether he’s a genuine option or not. I get the feeling he’s out of favour though. I don’t know why, just get the feeling.

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah. Last year he still had physical deficiencies, but not as bad as he is currently. His general pass selection and smarts made up for it then and I considered his footy IQ quite high. With his physical deterioration, it's probably put a big knock on the confidence, but his smarts have gone out the window, his passes are premeditated and goes short to KPP nearly every time which is nauseating to watch. I have a theory that most probably don't, but I think physically he knows he's shot and him going short to KPP is the only way he thinks he can stand out with some try assists etc.

What I want to know is, is he putting the team first or himself first at the moment? Given his off-field history and the way he's currently playing I honestly question whether he's got a team first mentality as someone like Gamble.

You might be onto something there with his pass selections tailored towards trying to get try assists/highlights for his IG. I still think it’s coached though. Surely they must be running these plays at training?

He didn’t just lose his footy IQ overnight.

Latest posts