What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I think we need to be really smart about where we spend what ever money we have left available under our salary cap for 2025 and beyond.

I’ll leave the potential recruitment to those who may no best and put my faith in them.

Im sure they have a list, a plan and we will bring in one or more players who will strengthen the current roster.
Centres

age.s

First Grade
I'd be happy with Ravalawa if:
He's costed in line with a player outside the top 17, likely due to the Dragons paying quite a bit of freight.
Is ok playing Cup in our system in an attempt to revive his career.

He'd be great depth with a ton of potential. As the anointed replacement for Tito, no thanks.

Kilkenny

Coach
I could be wrong but I just can’t see us investing our limited cap space in outside backs, not given we have placed faith in the MCLean brothers.

JFH is leaving. Leota is approaching 30, I think we will see us looking towards bringing in a quality middle, but that’s just me.

Reactions: Bob

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I could be wrong but I just can’t see us investing our limited cap space in outside backs, not given we have placed faith in the MCLean brothers.

JFH is leaving. Leota is approaching 30, I think we will see us looking towards bringing in a quality middle, but that’s just me.
I see Henry as a future rep player. I don't see Smith reaching those hights but he'll be a dependable first grader. We need to sign a prop that can bend the line imo

MugaB

Coach
I'd be happy with Ravalawa if:
He's costed in line with a player outside the top 17, likely due to the Dragons paying quite a bit of freight.
Is ok playing Cup in our system in an attempt to revive his career.

He'd be great depth with a ton of potential. As the anointed replacement for Tito, no thanks.
I've always rated him as a cut price Sivo, he could win you a few games, and also cost them aswell he is probably the best candidate for an Ivan Cleary fixer-upper, unfortunately he isn't a 2nd rower, so Ivan won't take him... I don't mind rava for a depth signing

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I've always rated him as a cut price Sivo, he could win you a few games, and also cost them aswell he is probably the best candidate for an Ivan Cleary fixer-upper, unfortunately he isn't a 2nd rower, so Ivan won't take him... I don't mind rava for a depth signing
Ivan is all about forcing props to play in the backrow these days

Kilkenny

Coach
I see Henry as a future rep player. I don't see Smith reaching those hights but he'll be a dependable first grader. We need to sign a prop that can bend the line imo
I’m not sure of what the future holds, other than I tend to think with JFH leaving and Leota not getting any younger we probably need a quality middle more than any other position.

I think we have some really good young forwards coming though, I think the future looks really good going forward Just not sure the kids are going to be NRL ready for 2025. Even Luron Patea who has debuted already is going to far better in 2026 with another development season under his belt.

I could be wrong, but I really like the look of the kid we brought in mid season from the Roosters. Falefa Letoi he is a man mountain, if we can somehow, build his minutes and get him able to play 40-45 minutes as opposed to 25-30 minutes he could be huge for us in the next season or two.

Bob

Juniors

I personally think we should be looking at 2nd rowers, backs I think we’re ok, forwards worry me, at SOO we loose Martin and Yeo from our forwards, Yeo is also coming up 30 in November, Sorensen is 32 early next year, Garner is 29 later this year, whilst Yeo so far has been lucky with injuries, Sorensen is having an injury interrupted year as has Garner,
I personally don’t see 1st grade in Geyer, Riki, Toleau or Soni Luke, I’d also be encouraging Schneider to look elsewhere, he’s very limited in his skill set,
so as I see it we need 2-3 good forwards, and a running 5/8 who has a reasonable kick on him

I love how Jesse just came in and looks like an NRL seasoned, but these young guys need to be nurtured into NRL. He just came out of Flegg

Yeo too

I’m not sure of what the future holds, other than I tend to think with JFH leaving and Leota not getting any younger we probably need a quality middle more than any other position.

I think we have some really good young forwards coming though, I think the future looks really good going forward Just not sure the kids are going to be NRL ready for 2025. Even Luron Patea who has debuted already is going to far better in 2026 with another development season under his belt.

I could be wrong, but I really like the look of the kid we brought in mid season from the Roosters. Falefa Letoi he is a man mountain, if we can somehow, build his minutes and get him able to play 40-45 minutes as opposed to 25-30 minutes he could be huge for us in the next season or two.
Yep he been doing great in NSW cup, didn't know he came from the Roosters. He has a good future ahead.

Kilkenny

Coach
That’s just not true mate.

His hand has been forced by things beyond his control.

Ivan has really had no option but to play Liam Henry away from his best position just the way it has been, Henry is a super player, his motor is unbelievable, his tackle count and tackle efficiency really is unbelievable. Once JFH moves on, Liam reverts backs to his natural position he just steps straight in, terrific talent in my opinion, just going to get better and better.

MugaB

Coach
That’s just not true mate.

His hand has been forced by things beyond his control.

Ivan has really had no option but to play Liam Henry away from his best position just the way it has been, Henry is a super player, his motor is unbelievable, his tackle count and tackle efficiency really is unbelievable. Once JFH moves on, Liam reverts backs to his natural position he just steps straight in, terrific talent in my opinion, just going to get better and better.
But hey, Ivan could have played Peachey in at 2nd row, ....then we'd all be agreeing with chins

Kilkenny

Coach
But hey, Ivan could have played Peachey in at 2nd row, ....then we'd all be agreeing with chins
Peachy could actually play a part in the run in this season, who knows what injuries could play a part.

The Peach maybe is only an injury or two away from getting back on the bench.

I think the Peach is no longer an option in the centres, but he still has a little X factor about him and remains a bench option if we sustain a few injuries.

maple_69

Bench
I tend to agree an experienced prop who offers a bit of impact is probably our biggest need. I think Henry, Leota, Sorro and Smith will be decent but past that we’ll have a very raw Patea or an increasingly past it Eisenhuth.

I wouldn’t hate TPJ for a year to plug a gap. Ivan has got the best out of him in the past, he shouldn’t be too expensive and we might be a good option for him to springboard to a good final deal elsewhere when Patea is nicely seasoned.