What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

Jono078

Referee
Firstly, welcome all pessimist and optimist - this is the thread for you.

10 games remaining, we need to win 6 to be in with a shot at playing finals footy.

15 BYE
16 Titans (H) - Win
17 Bulldogs (A) - Win
18 BYE
19 Panthers (A) - Win
20 Roosters (H) - Loss
21 Broncos (H) - Win
22 Sharks (A) - Loss
23 Storm (H) - Win
24 Cowboys (A) - Win
25 Broncos (A) - Win
26 Eels (H) - Win

Yes I believe we can go 8/10. Likeliness? You would have to say extremely low based on the year so far, but I think it's possible.

Yosh

Coach

10 games remaining, we need to win 6 to be in with a shot at playing finals footy.

15 BYE
16 Titans (H) - Win
17 Bulldogs (A) - Win
18 BYE
19 Panthers (A) - Win
20 Roosters (H) - Loss
21 Broncos (H) - Win
22 Sharks (A) - Loss
23 Storm (H) - Win
24 Cowboys (A) - Win
25 Broncos (A) - Win
26 Eels (H) - Win

Yes I believe we can go 8/10. Likeliness? You would have to say extremely low based on the year so far, but I think it's possible.

Yup, I agree with your assessment there. This year teams need to win 12 games minimum to make the eight. If we do win 8 of them, we'll be on 14 wins, which might even put us into 5th or 6th.

The minimum we need to win is 6. I think that allows us to drop the game against the Storm and Doggies, who I think are gonna be really hard to beat.

Jono078

Referee
For mine I feel we are turning the corner with our attitude, players being available etc. I think we can string together wins.

Even if we only win 2 of our next 4 I'll remain hopeful of making the finals.

Misanthrope

Staff member
15 BYE
16 Titans (H) - Win
17 Bulldogs (A) - Loss (Are we kidding ourselves? They just beat Manly)
18 BYE
19 Panthers (A) - Win
20 Roosters (H) - Loss
21 Broncos (H) - Win
22 Sharks (A) - Loss
23 Storm (H) - Loss (No chance)
24 Cowboys (A) - Loss (No chance)
25 Broncos (A) - Loss (No chance)
26 Eels (H) - Win

undertaker

Coach
I'll go as far as saying that our next game vs Gold Coast is going to make or break us.

We're currently 6-8 atm. There's going to be a big difference between being 7-8 or being 6-9 at the end of that match.

If we are 7-8, I give us a chance of gaining some momentum and scraping into the top 8. If we are 6-9 though, it's going to be a very loooong road and I don't see any late season revival happening (especially since we'll need to be at least 12-12 to make the finals). Compared to last year, we've been very lucky so far that we still have a good F/A and that the teams around us have been losing. However, now we're 4 pts out of the top 8, the situation is different. We're going to move a lot further down the pack for every loss we incur from hereon in.

We can't keep making excuses and saying "Oh, we'll wait until Gidley and Buderus are back". We simply have to work with what we have available. We can blame Waddell for being a crap player etc. but at the end of the day it's the coach who chooses the side and if he can't see what 99% of us on the Knights forum have been saying, well the coach has to definitely bear a huge chunk of that responsibility for continuous inept player selections.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Lol I guess blind faith is alive and well. The reality is our away form is atrocious, the only time we've won away from home is when the titans ran out of players, I honestly don't have any confidence regarding the away games that already renders our season dead and buried, even if by some strange miracle we fluke an away win somewhere in there, I don't see us winning all our home games

Zoidberg

First Grade
No! Bad thread.
I started a similar one a month ago asking how we'd go on our 4 games before the bye...and we haven't win since.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Side for Titans game should be something like:

Boyd
McManus
Gagai
Leilua
Uate
Mullen
Gower
Snowden
Buderus
Mason
Rochow
Scott
Smith

Roberts
Cuthbertson
Sims
Houston

If that's the case (with the exception of Houston, but we don't really have anyone else available) and we keep that side on the park for an extended period of time there's no reason why we can't start a bit of a run IMO.

Spot On

Coach
15 BYE
16 Titans (H) - Win
17 Bulldogs (A) - Loss
18 BYE
19 Panthers (A) - Win
20 Roosters (H) - Win
21 Broncos (H) - Win
22 Sharks (A) - Win
23 Storm (H) - Win
24 Cowboys (A) - Win
25 Broncos (A) - Win
26 Eels (H) - Win

Just trying to be positive.:D

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What are we basing everything on? If we base our predictions on today's performance, we'll beat the Titans, Broncos x 2, Eels, Cowboys and Sharks at least.

If we base our predictions on our Dragons effort last week, we'll be lucky to win two.

Jono078

Referee
I'm basing it on today, what I've seen from our top performances, and getting Buderus and Gidley back to share the #9 duties.

I think fortune has to change soon and we will go on a run. We did it a last year after a similar mid year collapse, and I feel much better about the team this season.

The Bulldogs and Warriors have proved you can turn your season around already this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
We need to learn how to wrap up the ball carrier, that's probably one of the bigger issues ATM, offloads were 16-4 in their favour yet they still completely 90% of their sets compared to us with 76%.
If we allow offloads against the titans Zillman and Kelly will have a field day running off Idris, Taylor, Bird and co

Last edited:

Rudderriffic

Juniors

15 BYE
16 Titans (H) - Win
17 Bulldogs (A) - Win
18 BYE
19 Panthers (A) - Win
20 Roosters (H) - Loss
21 Broncos (H) - Win
22 Sharks (A) - Loss
23 Storm (H) - Win
24 Cowboys (A) - Win
25 Broncos (A) - Win
26 Eels (H) - Win

With the bold reversed, I think we lose to Dogs (A), Cows (A) and Storm (H) but win Sharks (A).

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
We need to learn how to wrap up the ball carrier, that's probably one of the bigger issues ATM, offloads were 16-4 in their favour yet they still completely 90% of their sets compared to us with 76%.
If we allow offloads against the titans Zillman and Kelly will have a field day running off Idris, Taylor, Bird and co
Just like they did in our first encounter?

You've been so negative about the Knights this year man. We're not a perfect team. Is there anything you like about us right now?

aqua_duck

Coach
Just like they did in our first encounter?

You've been so negative about the Knights this year man. We're not a perfect team. Is there anything you like about us right now?

We played well that day but let's be realistic we played against a team who were down 3 forwards after 10 minutes
Only positives I can take out if this year are Mullen, Snowden and to a lesser extent Rochow. Mullo and Snowy are finally starting to fulfil their potential, Rochow has been very solid. To be honest the only thing that makes me watch these days is love for the colours, I certainly wouldn't call it entertaining. I can appreciate the effort but we've got the highest paid coach in history and he's not fulfilling his end of the bargain. When you watch other teams play you realise our whole gameplan and approach is outdated and depressing.
The past 6 weeks knights games almost feel like watching my missus play netball, boring as hell but I feel obligated

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Fair enough, I'm not saying what you are writing is wrong, just haven't seen an ounce of hope from you.

We've had good wins this year, maybe they've given our mob a false sense of how to approach games or something and that's why we have let downs but I think we can still click and good things are around the corner and it's not to late to salvage this season.

Latest posts