What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

aqua_duck

Coach
We've had good wins when the opposition haven't shown up. The way we were playing at the end of last season was awesome, I thought we'd continue on from that but most of the time this year we've played not to lose instead of playing to win

Yosh

Coach
We played well that day but let's be realistic we played against a team who were down 3 forwards after 10 minutes
Only positives I can take out if this year are Mullen, Snowden and to a lesser extent Rochow. Mullo and Snowy are finally starting to fulfil their potential, Rochow has been very solid. To be honest the only thing that makes me watch these days is love for the colours, I certainly wouldn't call it entertaining. I can appreciate the effort but we've got the highest paid coach in history and he's not fulfilling his end of the bargain. When you watch other teams play you realise our whole gameplan and approach is outdated and depressing.
The past 6 weeks knights games almost feel like watching my missus play netball, boring as hell but I feel obligated

McManus has been really good. I think I'm slowly really growing to like Leilua as well.

Jono078

Referee
Winning 5 of our remaining 9 might be good enough to get us a finals spot. But I'm hoping for 5th or 6th so we can play first week at home.

Also just come across an interesting stat, I didn't check all teams, but I did check the top few.

We have won 6 of our 7 games by 13+. That's equal highest with the Rabbitohs! Which have won almost double the amount of games as us.

It really does show that when we are on, we can put on points and dominate a match.

Swarzey

Bench
It really does show that when we are on, we can put on points and dominate a match.

Silly! Remember that our dominate wins are when teams are playing poor! It's not like in those games our forwards were strong and consistently pressured the opposition, mostly leading to drop balls or that we have two incredible wingers and a five eight that is arguably the best in NSW.

Burwood

Bench
Silly! Remember that our dominate wins are when teams are playing poor! It's not like in those games our forwards were strong and consistently pressured the opposition, mostly leading to drop balls or that we have two incredible wingers and a five eight that is arguably the best in NSW.

Have we actually won a game all year? I can only remember games that the opposition lost due to poor form or key injuries during the match.

Swarzey

Bench
Have we actually won a game all year? I can only remember games that the opposition lost due to poor form or key injuries during the match.

Yeah, we don't win, the opposition just lose.

But ya know, when we lose, we can't use injury as an excuse.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah, we don't win, the opposition just lose.

But ya know, when we lose, we can't use injury as an excuse.

I wouldn't give any credence to a particular forumers (who I won't name) opinion on us in past game day threads. The guy is a Faiders sycophant.

Swarzey

Bench
Next week apparently.

If we're legit at home, and it wasn't just luck but rather the talent doing what we all suspect they're capable of that lead to the incredible wins, then I'm really, really keen for our remaining four games at Hunter.

Swarzey

Bench
28 is apparently the cut off mark. If our performance today, though gritty, showed we can travel and get a result, I'm eager for our matches against Penrith, Cronulla and NQL. Brisbane is my only concern considering it's an ex-Wayne side, but they're woeful and we'll have a full strength team. Hopefully.

If we can turn up against Easts at home, then I think it will be one hell of a match. Same as Storm. No doubt we're a different and far better side at home and playing the current 2nd the 3rd team will really gives the opportunity to prove to the competition (and members here) that we're genuine contenders for September.

I think we're safe come Round 26. Eels are just woeful and it's at home, Sunday afternoon. Hopefully a massive crowd.

Jono078

Referee
Give every team their BYE points now and we actually sit in 4th position.

But we are only 8-8, If we can win 6/8 we may keep that 4th spot.

Burwood

Bench
Yep, Broncos beat Sharks next week and the Panthers don't beat Parra by 20+ points and we are Top 4!

slotmachine

First Grade
All in our hands now.

Eels and Panthers should be wins, and Broncs (twice) who are imploding should see us sneak in at worst.

Swarzey

Bench
Shut down their edges, force them to play up the middle and the game becomes an arm wrestle.

Latest posts