What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home.

MattYg1

Bench
Now obviously not expecting much but if last nights win is a launching pad or better footy, what can we expect for the run home.

It's not the toughest looking run home so I think we can push for a top 8 finish.

Raiders [h]
Dogs [h]
Broncos [a] but good record at suncorp
Sharks [h]
Tigers [h]
Parra [a] but honestly no such thing as home advantage at ANZ
Warriors [h]

Fortune favors the bold and as long as the boys keep throwing Prices gameplan out the window on the bus on the way to the games I say we have the favorable end of the stick when it comes to the draw and where we are playing.

It maybe I'm being optimistic because I am still pretty pumped about last night...

What say you?

2010Dragons

Bench
If inglis played last night, the bunnies would have won easy with all the drop balls we gave them.
South played crap footy, we played dragons footy and just won.
I can't see us
winning 7 more games.

Build Steve Build.

It's a great opportunity.

You are right, it is not a difficult run home AND lots of home games!!!

Man, I would do s o m e t h i n g to get into their heads. Treat it like we are in the finals series now. Go on camp, get a hypnotherapist, get John Howard to talk to them, get them all to sign a greeting Card adressed to Jamie Soward, Show them Videos of 2010 and Dragon Army ....something to get into their heads and build the mental stuff and the motivation.

Use the force

and yeah ....use the anti-game-plan !

Minh

First Grade
Top 8 is ruled out in my mind but we can build momentum for next year and give young players a go.

MattYg1

Bench
If inglis played last night, the bunnies would have won easy with all the drop balls we gave them.
South played crap footy, we played dragons footy and just won.
I can't see us
winning 7 more games.

I think that says a lot about the Rabbits more then it does us...

Souths did more then enough to win the game... We played some positive football and actually found ways to put them on their heals to score points.

That's the launching pad I was referring to... Attitude and results breeds confidence... I believe in the anti price gameplan... We will see

Sadly I can see Price picking prior in the centers and Vidot back to the cutters...
Make me believe Steve... Make us believe...

CC_Saint

Juniors
I'd be more pumped than anyone if we were that team that goes on 'that streak' to make the finals...however, what I see in this draw, is that we'll certainly miss the wooden spoon, however close we may have been.

I'd be more pumped than anyone if we were that team that goes on 'that streak' to make the finals...however, what I see in this draw, is that we'll certainly miss the wooden spoon, however close we may have been.

Whilst I like the idea of a streak as streaking is always good, what I got the most out of this game is we almost certainly have avoided the dreaded wooden spoon with that win. That is fully pumping. :lol: Gosh, I am pumping soo much I may just burst!

thank God,

thank Steve

thank the Boys,

...and thank Parra

Elias1983

Coach
Top 8 I don't think is possbile IMO....

However, I will take great enjoyment in screwing up other teams seasons if we can go on a bit of a run!! :)

16 points and -111.

Great to beat Souths, but if we manage to blag three more before the end of the season we've over achieved.

We're not going to make the 8. Lose this week (and we're solid favourites to do just that) and we're still fighting to avoid the spoon. Many of us thought we were heading for the top 6 at 3 and 3. Let's hope we get up to about 12th and we've got out of this season cheaply.

big pat

Coach
what's that famous quote, lets take one game at a time, they need to back it up on sat night.

BennyV

Referee
I can't see us making the 8 - happy to be proven wrong, but TBH I would be happy seeing us play some exciting football, trying out another halfback (ANYONE, EVEN DRINKWATER, I DONT CARE), getting rid of the sloppy looking sweep play and scoring some tries, getting a bit of momentum ready so Price knows what to do next year.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Top 8 I don't think is possbile IMO....

However, I will take great enjoyment in screwing up other teams seasons if we can go on a bit of a run!! :)
Wouldn't it be good, if we are the team to put the Broncs season to bed :D Doing that, and knocking off a very arrogant and blow hard souffs support base, would make this frustrating year worth it lol. Up the Dragons!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints played OK and showed some ticker in the back end of that game which was great but seriously prior to the Dragons scoring their first try could you see them scoring at all? They had 40 tackles in their 20 and were scoreless at one stage to Souths 12 tackles and they were on 12.

Great win but on the back of Souths looking too cocky and some good fortune. Up until the try the Saints were looking dreadful in attack.

Hope this spurs them on and they can chalk a few wins. If they win next week Price may get another upgrade as it will make 3 win (inc bye) in a row.