What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shake down

snout

First Grade
Some nice touch footy yesterday. Slick hands. Footwork. Unfortunately that was not first grade football. That was reserve grade footy.
The Tigers. What an embarrassment. Billy walters? The broncs have actually signed that guy next year - really?
Who's da coach?

One player made a difference to our team. Metcalf. We were all set to trot out the same shite until this guy took his first touch...a zip and a zoom and thru. That right there lifted the effort of everybody - else except Woods - and many or most had their best day out since...well, f**k knows.
Im excited about this bloke Metcalf. Genuinely dangerous. Tall. Strong. Fast. But he needs some coaching.
When to run.
Don't pull the big step out every play.
It looked good against the kittens who refuse to tackle but Munster and the cheese will drive his ribs out his nostrils.
Hes raw. He's needs to be selective.
Also yesterday he had no support.
Our blokes aren't used to backing up. Aren't used to someone making a break. So when he ripped he was by himself.
But his taking the line on became infectious to the point where our classic sideways runners like ramien and Trindall had their straightest running days ever.

Moyza. Yours truly has backed this guy for 3 years. I haven't had much return but what a slick cameo. 2 touches 2 tries.
If only..

Woods.
Theres no words.
Yesterday sank even lower than his usual rock bottom standards.
In all the decades lve watched footy l have never seen a bloke refuse to put in like this.
It's folklore.

Dont get carried away by that win. Titans woulda put 50 on that rabble. Even saints run up a score. One would fully expect a return to normal viewing nek week at suncorp when we play the broncs into some form and then, round 25, the storm tune up for the semi's by pummelling us.
However the Tits, Raiders and Worriers all have only one win each left in them, so if by some miracle we scratch out another 2 points we make the 8.
And play Manly.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
I actually think our Billy did more in 3 minutes than their Billy did in 39 minutes. Marginally.

Oh wait. No, no, no. He didn't

Frenzy.

Immortal
The fact if was a game of touch footy is why it may be prudent to temper some of the off the scale enthusiasm around Metcalf.

Give the kid some time as he raw as anything. Got good running instincts but there a lot more to being a genuine NRL player than carving up the terrible Tigs.

I like this post, it's so true.

The fact if was a game of touch footy is why it may be prudent to temper some of the off the scale enthusiasm around Metcalf.

Give the kid some time as he raw as anything. Got good running instincts but there a lot more to being a genuine NRL player than carving up the terrible Tigs.
Too soon to label him a million dollar player? Well i disagree.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Too soon to label him a million dollar player? Well i disagree.

Way too soon. Who is the last Messiah that Sharks fans shot tadpoles over that went on to be a million dollar player. One that was worth it.

I want to see him get through a season first.

He's no certainty go even get a start next year

Fitz retained Trindall. Fitz retained Moyza. Fitz lured Hynes. Fitz retained Tracey.

Morris signed Metcalf.

That's 4 halves the new coach has selected over Metcalf. He might not even be Fitz's plans

Way too soon. Who is the last Messiah that Sharks fans shot tadpoles over that went on to be a million dollar player. One that was worth it.

I want to see him get through a season first.

He's no certainty go even get a start next year

Fitz retained Trindall. Fitz retained Moyza. Fitz lured Hynes. Fitz retained Tracey.

Morris signed Metcalf.

That's 4 halves the new coach has selected over Metcalf. He might not even be Fitz's plans
Did you actually take that seriously 😂

snout

First Grade
Too soon to label him a million dollar player? Well i disagree
I was surprised at how tall Metcalf is.
He has a bit of hynes about him.
And that idiot Gamble at the donks in that their taller than normal halves and don't get pushed around. Can break tackles.

An off-season under a real set up that in someway resembles what the chooks do.
A good weights program.
Some proper halves coaching.

Could be exciting.

island pro

Juniors

Last one that was actually worth it would have probably been David Simmons i'd say.

Latest posts