What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sharks dream team

samshark

Juniors
My Leader hasnt come yet.
Has anyone seen the team they chose?
Did anyone fill out a coupon and get close to the team?

Macca

Coach
What team did you pick Chrond?

What were the differences on the interchange?

steveb69

Juniors
Team was

Fullback ... David Peachey
Winger ... Mat Rogers
Centre ... Steve Rogers
Centre ... Andrew Ettingshausen
Winger ... Ray Corcoran
5/8 ... Chris Wellman
Half ... Tommy Bishop
Lock ... Greg Perce
S/r ... Gavin Miller
S/R ... Ken Maddison
Prop ... Cliff Watson
Prop ... Jason Stevens
Hooker ... Ron Turner

Reserve .... Dane Sorensen
Reserve ... Steve Kneen
Reserve ... Brett Kimmorley
Reserve ... Mark McGaw

Nullajet

Juniors
Kimmorley?????????? Absolute insult to some sharks who have actually contributed to some resemblence of success!!!!

this is not based on pay packets, surely??? piss noddy off out of there....Id throw in Treister ahead of him any day!!!!!!! Or Docking!

Nullajet

Juniors
actually Paul Green and Mitch Healey must be miffed by that Kimmorley inclusion!!!!!! i sure as hell am

Quigs

Immortal
Turner blossomed under the guidance of one Sir Thomas Bishop. Slippery Arms McMartin was regarded by his peers as the number one.... a consumate craftsman.

I think I would of gone with Mc.

I would of preferred Les Bundy over the christian, simply for the biffo, and speaking of biffo where's Kurt

Gee it is hard to leave him out, just on his tackling skills alone
p-81-06.jpg

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)

Inferno

Coach
what are you thoughts on Greg Pierce as lock Quigs?

I never saw him play but he must of been pretty damn good to get rated ahead of T.

Nullajet

Juniors
The more i think about that team.the more it pisses me off!!

In 40 years you can not be serious putting Noddy in the dream team....FFS....it is a MASSIVE insult to blokes who have provided this club with sooooooo much more. Who ever had an input to him being there should be ashamed of themselves!!!!

When will the noddy jokes end??? Pretty soon he'll have a damn stand named after him at the ground!

what a crock....

Fuddy

Juniors
My sources tell me that McMartin/Turner was the closest run thing in the team itself. Both great players but Turnet got the edge.

Greg Pierce is a Kangaroo and one hell of a player - the difficulty would have been Dane over Hatch and Davo on the bench. Dane's 10-11 straight years (and being an International) may have got him the nod.

The one many youngens may not know is Wellman - he was tough and talented - Healey is one of my club heroes but Wellman certainly deserves the position.

Sources say the Noddy decision was unanimous - struggled this year but almost got us to a comp a couple of years ago - he hasn't been the same footballer for the last 12 months though.

Quigs

Immortal
Maddog Wellman was - Maddog Wellman....

He was a very gifted footballer who finished his career with West Magpies after he left the Sharks... He was one of those "which wall do you want me to run through coach" type players. And he was bloody tenacious. Mad as acut snake.

Greg Pierce was our first ever player to Captain his country.

He blossomed also under the guidance of Sir Thomas... and was well respected by not only his own players but all of the league.

His nickname was "Skipper" if my memory serves me right.

He was an original blond headed surfie type that wore his faded black footie shorts onto the field early on in his career.

He went on to coach us after a guy named Raper had a stint at the helm many years ago. I believe he ended up as popular as you know who. Only speculation here but I remember hearing some doosey stories doing the rounds.

I guess for the youngens to know what type of a bloke Greg Pierce was / is, is to hear of his recent gesture to the late Rick Burke at the fundraiser held at the club some months prior to Ricks sad death.

He is a real good bloke .... not enough of them in the game today.

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Here is a bit more on Greg Pierce..

p-g-pierce.jpg

PIERCE Greg - (Cronulla Sutherland) ; Test 3.
1 France 1973,
2 NZ 1978
1973 Kangaroo Tour,
1975, 1977 World Series,
1978 Kangaroo tour.
One try - 3 points.

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
hmm cheers Quigs. Wasn't sure if he was picked over others more deserving due to his current position or actually deserved his spot. Sounds like he deserved it which is good to hear.

I might have to start looking into a few more of those guys who played a little before my time.