What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sharks dream team

Nullajet

Juniors
dimitri said:
Fullback ... David Peachey - made to look extremely ordinary in pressure situations and in few representative appearances he made.

S/r ... Gavin Miller - struggled to make any impact on any representative scene

Prop ... Jason Stevens - struggled to do anything decent after leaving st george where he made grand final appearances

Reserve ... Brett Kimmorley - joke. played his worst football at cronulla.

Reserve ... Mark McGaw - Made more of an impact on Gladiators

Forum Poster ... Dimitri - Continues to prove beyond any doubt to all and sundry that he has no idea in the realms of rugby league with his ridiculous appraisals and foolish statements.....*could make more of an impact by f**king off*

Nullajet

Juniors
dimitri said:
Fullback ... David Peachey - made to look extremely ordinary in pressure situations and in few representative appearances he made.

Prop ... Jason Stevens - struggled to do anything decent after leaving st george where he made grand final appearances

Just on those comments...the dream team isnt really about rep preformance IMO...eg..i dare say Terry Lamb is a cerain Bulldog starter in any dream team and his rep career was ordinary

But if you want to talk about rep stuff and particularly McGaw's 'impact'.....go and watch the origins he played in as well as a certain Test in England and see how often he scored crucial tries or was involved in setting them up....you truly are a dimwitted troll!!!!!!

Since 73

First Grade
Aaaah, Dimitri.
Jealousy is a curse.
You just wish the merged entities you now support could provide a dream team to rival ours.
You will never enjoy the calibre of players we have.

Steve Rogers, ET and Gavin Miller are freaks. One-offs. Once in a generation type players.

Funnily enuff, if you named a dream team of your own more than half would come from the Illawarra side of the marriage.

sharkadelic

Juniors
McGaw was the man. His career finish was a fizzer but in his day... He was the mustard.

I think it was 91. McGaw/ET combine to break Qld's back in the origin. Yeah, a real hack....:roll:

Inferno said:
hmm cheers Quigs. Wasn't sure if he was picked over others more deserving due to his current position or actually deserved his spot. Sounds like he deserved it which is good to hear.

I might have to start looking into a few more of those guys who played a little before my time.

You must read up on your Sharks history Inferno. Try reading the book Paint me Blue Black and White. Greg Pierce is a Shark immortal and captain of a our 1978 side. He is currently undergoing a brave battle against cancer.

Fuddy

Juniors
Thanks Dimitri - the sad thing is that you will soon have a lot more time to troll with your deluded musings - it's okay mate only a couple of weeks to go before your season is over as well.

I'd back our dream team to be extremely competitive. The quality of a side is who gets left out and not always who makes it - there are some very talented club performers who wer left out.

A comment to the undeluded masses (ie the rest of us) both Terry Hughes and Barry Russell can consider themselves very unlucky as Rothmans medallists who missed out!!

spider

Coach
dimitri said:

I was unaware being new who or what a Dimitri is or was?

So i did a search.

Search results for: Dimitri

View results from search on Dimitri: Dictionary

id‧i‧ot [id-ee-uh
thinsp.png
t]

–noun 1.an utterly foolish or senseless person.

2.Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental geniusation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

3. Anagram also see - ir-timid

D

Deleted member 10972

steveb69 said:
Team was

Fullback ... David Peachey
Winger ... Mat Rogers
Centre ... Steve Rogers
Centre ... Andrew Ettingshausen
Winger ... Ray Corcoran
5/8 ... Chris Wellman
Half ... Tommy Bishop
Lock ... Greg Perce
S/r ... Gavin Miller
S/R ... Ken Maddison
Prop ... Cliff Watson
Prop ... Jason Stevens
Hooker ... Ron Turner

Reserve .... Dane Sorensen
Reserve ... Steve Kneen
Reserve ... Brett Kimmorley
Reserve ... Mark McGaw

Personally, i would have gone:

1. Rick Bourke
2. Matt Rogers
3. Steve Rogers
4. Andrew Ettingshausen
5. Ray Corcoran
6. Chris Wellman/Michael Speechley/Barry Andrews
7. Tommy Bishop
8. Dane Sorensen
9. Ron Turner
10. Cliff Watson
11. Steve Kneen
12. Gavin Miller
13. Tawera Nikau/Greg Pierce

14. Ken Maddison
15. Kurt Sorenson
16. Jason Stevens/Les Davidson
17. Allan Wilson/Dane Stains

dimitri

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Personally, i would have gone:

1. Rick Bourke
2. Matt Rogers
3. Steve Rogers
4. Andrew Ettingshausen
5. Ray Corcoran
6. Chris Wellman/Michael Speechley/Barry Andrews
7. Tommy Bishop
8. Dane Sorensen
9. Ron Turner
10. Cliff Watson
11. Steve Kneen
12. Gavin Miller
13. Tawera Nikau/Greg Pierce

14. Ken Maddison
15. Kurt Sorenson
16. Jason Stevens/Les Davidson
17. Allan Wilson/Dane Stains

I totally agree!!!

that's a much better looking team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imasharkie

Coach
I'd have Johnny McMartin in the starting team in place of Turner and Dean Triester on the bench in place of Nobby.
Michael Speechley was our best ever 5/8.
Kurt Sorenson in place of Sparkles on the bench.

Nullajet

Juniors
No way can McGaw be left out of a dream team!! He can be credited with a lot of ET's early success as a player......

Geez some of his games were awesome and as much as I rate ET as the best, there were times where Sparkles was better and had more of an impact!

Quigs

Immortal
Nullajet said:
No way can McGaw be left out of a dream team!! He can be credited with a lot of ET's early success as a player......

Geez some of his games were awesome and as much as I rate ET as the best, there were times where Sparkles was better and had more of an impact!

A bloke named Eric Archer helped a bit too..

Cheers
(Declared idiot #88 and proud member of the ten team)
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
You must read up on your Sharks history Inferno. Try reading the book Paint me Blue Black and White. Greg Pierce is a Shark immortal and captain of a our 1978 side. He is currently undergoing a brave battle against cancer.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of that book?

Inferno

Coach
Might have to email the club.

No record of that book on the net anywhere.

"Paint me Blue Black and White"

Is that the exact name of it, and whose the author?

Cheers mate.

Quigs

Immortal
Inferno said:
Might have to email the club.

No record of that book on the net anywhere.

"Paint me Blue Black and White"

Is that the exact name of it, and whose the author?

Cheers mate.

p-book-shk.jpg

The Sharks: Colour Me Black, White and Blue
by Gary Lester.....

A comprehensive history of the Cronulla Sharks and the history of rugby league in the Shire. Examines all aspects of the club, including anecdotes, the club's struggle to enter the top level competition, match information, tributes to players and the club's role in Superleague. A must read for any Cronulla supporter. Available from the club or selected Sutherland Shire book stores.

HOWZAT..... am I any bloody good... or what

Cheers
(Declared Idiot No88 and proud member of the ten team)
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
good?

You're being modest mate. YOU'RE A BLOODY CHAMP. Looks like I found a decent birthday present to ask for :D