What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shillington binning

simon says

First Grade
Bloody ridiculous....I thought it at the time,and now I have seen it several times Im evem more assured.

He got elbowed,punched in the head several times,didnt do a thing and got ten int the bin.

Its one of the worst decisions aI have ever seen on a footy field.

He deserved kudos for not firing up,he had several blokes going at him and just grabbed them.

If I was Stuart,Id say next time someone goes for you,kill them,you will only get ten in the bin,and get the chance to put a player or two out of the game.

Astonishing decision....

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Brett Finch = calming anything down ???
You are funny.
Didn't see the incident, but it sounds like a dodgy decision.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
To me, it looked like Shillington had his hand all over Hegarty's face and eyes in some sort of weird lock which Hegarty was trying to get out of with the twists and turns that everyone's calling elbows to the head. Hegarty took objection the way Shillington held him down and gave him a shove when he got up to play the ball. Hegarty was bending down to play the ball when Shillington shoved him back and a scuffle broke out. Neither player deserved a binning.

Seano

Juniors
melon.... said:
What about Crocker's perfect front on tackle on Pinhead Logan? How the heck did he get 10?

Did he get 10 for the spear tackle? NO he got 10 for constant niggle - something hocker is very good at.

Though it was a great tackle on loges ;-)

greeneyed

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:
To me, it looked like Shillington had his hand all over Hegarty's face and eyes in some sort of weird lock which Hegarty was trying to get out of with the twists and turns that everyone's calling elbows to the head. Hegarty took objection the way Shillington held him down and gave him a shove when he got up to play the ball. Hegarty was bending down to play the ball when Shillington shoved him back and a scuffle broke out. Neither player deserved a binning.

That's how I saw it. How they (Gould, Fittler, the usual Roosters cheer squad on Channel 9 this morning) were suggesting Hegarty was the aggressor is beyond me. Shillington started it by giving him a facial, fingers around his eyes.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
greeneyed said:
That's how I saw it. How they were suggesting Hegarty was the aggressor is beyond me. Shillington started it by giving him a facial, fingers around his eyes.

get off the weed.

Cletus

First Grade
I only saw the last 20 minutes but I thought Smith did well binning Crocker. How many times do you hear a ref say "any more of that and someones going to sit down"? For once a ref had enough guts to do something.

shadow grinder

First Grade
it did look as if shilligton had his fingers in his eyes and face....but that happens every single week...and players get on with the game..hegarty is just a hot head.

Iluvfinchy

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
it did look as if shilligton had his fingers in his eyes and face....but that happens every single week...and players get on with the game..hegarty is just a hot head.

hegarty is a hot head but finch is just hot lol