What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sony verdict...

Mario

Juniors
incredible_holc said:
hmmmm i wonder what bugs were found????
If Rugby 2004 passed, what does it say about this game???

Each title is treated independently, so the quality of one product does not necessarily reflect on another.

Hopefully though it had nothing to do with gameplay but something minor like............ just something minor

Nothing to do with gameplay at all (in fact, we had some *extremely* positive feedback around how the gameplay was received).

Pretty much just a couple of issues with how memory cards were treated, as well as a couple of system messages requiring changing.

Mario

Juniors
JuSTiNcReDiBLe said:
This is f***ing pathetic. Lets hope sidhe never make a game again. how many times has this been delayed now? I can not belive this sh*t. Unf**kin beliveable

Since Sidhe has been involved in the title only one release date has ever been set. So in answer to your question, the game has been delayed exactly once.

Erhan

Juniors
Seems like they're all under-the-bonnet type changes and nothing that would've really mattered much to the end user, perhaps the stability of the game on the console. Anyways, I just hope that once we get a chance to play it we are all mesmerised by it and put the controller down for a second and say .. "best... game... ever...". If that's the case then the wait is no problem for me.

Mario said:
incredible_holc said:
hmmmm i wonder what bugs were found????
If Rugby 2004 passed, what does it say about this game???

Each title is treated independently, so the quality of one product does not necessarily reflect on another.

Hopefully though it had nothing to do with gameplay but something minor like............ just something minor

Nothing to do with gameplay at all (in fact, we had some *extremely* positive feedback around how the gameplay was received).

Pretty much just a couple of issues with how memory cards were treated, as well as a couple of system messages requiring changing.

HBG

Juniors
Oh well, it sure does suck, but that's the way it is.

These guys have done there best. Things could be worse, we could all be talking about how crappy the game was b4, Sidhe took over, because Microforte were not equipped for the job.

I have a PC, and would love to be playing the game early, but I would like to buy it on PS2 so I can play it on the big screen. Then again, I could connect my PC up to the TV, and do the same thing. I am debating over whether to buy both versions, as there will be advantages, I am sure.

Anyway, $hit happens.

Good work guys.

HBG

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
is it in the contract or sumthing that all versions of te game have 2 be released simultaneously????
Probably more to do with equality.

The PS2 version is probably the one that will sell the most.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
how much difference would it make though....not like if u have a ps2 youll go out and buy an xbox just 2 play it earlier they wouldnt lose any sales if they released xbox first i dont know why they dont.....

nz_kid

Juniors
Dam that really sucks i wounder how rugby 2004 passed i suppose i would rather have a really good game then a game with a few little bugs now that sony no what the problem is Mario will they be able to just go straight to it so it will only take about 1 week to test it or do they have to go though the whole process agian?

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yer since sony already know wat they want changed they should be able 2 clear it within an hour unless they have 2 do the whole process all over again which seems utterley pointless 2 me maybe 2 weeks in2 december is an extremely safe date??????? mario???

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
how much difference would it make though....not like if u have a ps2 youll go out and buy an xbox just 2 play it earlier they wouldnt lose any sales if they released xbox first i dont know why they dont.....

It would make a lot of difference. You have no clue as to what has gone on, what has been presold and what pressures the company is under. There are financial investments that have to be covered and many other considerations. I think that the people running the show have a far better idea on what they need to achieve than you or I.

And Justpathetic, dont buy the game. See, its that easy. Then we wont have to listen to your dribble.

Priddo

Juniors
Mario, since sidhe had already submitted the game why do they have to go through the 4 weeks once again? wouldn't they just re test were the bugs were, therefore making it a day or 2 instead??????

god damn sony......still better then microsoft....but god dam sony!!!

Anyone else think theres a chance that sony have done this to give rugby 2004 no competitors for another month?????

To hear that the problems were with the PS2 memory card really pisses me off bloody outdated shit!

MARIO....so does that mean that the xbox and PC versions can start production?? sure they have to be released at the same time but can they begin the next step???

HBG

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
I would imagine HES have started the box printing and stuff like that so to minimise delays.

Any chance of an autographed copy?

Not to mention that it does take some time to do a production run on the discs, and that there may be some more discs ahead in the queue from other vendors, such as EA, Atari, Konami, Midway, Activision, Eidos, Take2, SCE etc

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
It does suck and i am not too impressed with that but the guys at sidhe etc... have worked hard with it and are still working hard so you cant really fault them too much,

It just seems to be like will we ever get this game, september, october, november, now december, any chance on a new years release? ? ?

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
I know as soon as they got the decision they did an allnighter and are still at it to make sure sure they could resubmit as soon as possible. Shows dedication in my book. And Im impressed they came and told us so quickly and were honest as soon as they actually knew the decision.

Matta

Juniors
Hey guys im back after a while but I'm not really surprised by this. expected it anyway.

P.S. When I finally put my guide to the demo editing up it WONT be obsolete! :D :D :D Though I do want the game out.

Matta.

Latest posts