What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The stats dont lie - a losing culture

Aragorn

First Grade
2012 -

Played 24, Won 8, Loss 16 (for: 497, against 609):

8 losses in a row from rd 17 - rd24,

rd17 - 24 points for: 109 (avg per game 14); points against 229 (avg 29)

rd 17,18,19 losses were by 5 point margins or less.

rd 20 & 21 we loss by the biggest margin and points scored for the season

rd 20 Warriors 4 - 45 Cronulla Sharks (margin);
rd 21 Warriors 12 - 52 North Queensland (points against)

2013 -

Played 10, Won 2 Loss 8
points for 151 (avg per game 15) ; against 284 (avg 28).

Best defensive team - Roosters with 94 points against . 190 point differential or 32 tries (6 point inc. conversion) compared to the Warriors

Last two games (noting we were up 16-0 against the doggies only to lose 24-16) we leaked in 86 points against, & 6 points for. Keep in mind this was against a team many believed was in contention for the spoon.

Next 6 games coming up:

rd11 Knights - at home
rd 12 Broncos - away
rd 13 Manly - at home
rd 14 Roosters - away
rd 15 Broncos - at home
rd 16 Souths - away

Anyone want to guess whether we even make it to 8 wins this whole season?

Diesel

Referee
I'm just hoping we can sort out our F/A because it looks like we'll finish pretty close to 16th and the spoon

jamaman

Juniors
Elliot said they lack 'belief'and need to learn to prepare to prepare for a game..
maybe too much BS is doing their heads in!
..These guys have the talent to not lose by big scores..
I would have Mannering and TL as Captains , drop Lilyman, Tumivave, Tupou,

vvvrulz

Coach
Next 6 games coming up:

rd11 Knights - at home
rd 12 Broncos - away
rd 13 Manly - at home
rd 14 Roosters - away
rd 15 Broncos - at home
rd 16 Souths - away

I was about to post on the upcoming draw as well.
There is every chance we could go into round 17 with no additional wins. Scary.

Rich102

Staff member
I'm pleased to hear you're still talking.
A lot of couples wouldn't be if the Mrs went out and got publicly humped by a panther and then showed how much she had enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Rambo1'

Juniors
2012 -

Played 24, Won 8, Loss 16 (for: 497, against 609):

8 losses in a row from rd 17 - rd24,

rd17 - 24 points for: 109 (avg per game 14); points against 229 (avg 29)

rd 17,18,19 losses were by 5 point margins or less.

rd 20 & 21 we loss by the biggest margin and points scored for the season

rd 20 Warriors 4 - 45 Cronulla Sharks (margin);
rd 21 Warriors 12 - 52 North Queensland (points against)

2013 -

Played 10, Won 2 Loss 8
points for 151 (avg per game 15) ; against 284 (avg 28).

Best defensive team - Roosters with 94 points against . 190 point differential or 32 tries (6 point inc. conversion) compared to the Warriors

Last two games (noting we were up 16-0 against the doggies only to lose 24-16) we leaked in 86 points against, & 6 points for. Keep in mind this was against a team many believed was in contention for the spoon.

Next 6 games coming up:

rd11 Knights - at home
rd 12 Broncos - away
rd 13 Manly - at home
rd 14 Roosters - away
rd 15 Broncos - at home
rd 16 Souths - away

And thats why they were laughing and carrying on after the last game. There used to losing and its normal for them now. It doesn't phase them as much any more

TheDMC

Bench
Have supported this crappy club since 95 but If there was another NZ team and they didn't suck as much, hell even if they did, I'd be on that bandwagon in a second. Only reason I like the warriors is cause they are the sole NZ based club. Other than that, not much to like really.

Aragorn

First Grade
I'm pleased to hear you're still talking.
A lot of couples wouldn't be if the Mrs went out and got publicly humped by a panther and then showed how much she had enjoyed it.

The Mrs is doing the rounds like a cheap thrill in a whore house.

I see Knights, Donkeys, Roosters, Rabbits and even Tigers all queing up to get a piece of the action.

go easy on her boys. plenty for everyone.

Aragorn

First Grade
I`m surprised this guy even has any credibility left....i wonder if he read my post about the losing culture bit :lol:

http://www.nrl.com/warriors-woes-start-from-the-top-kemp/tabid/10874/newsid/72374/default.aspx
Former Warriors coach Tony Kemp wants a broom swept through the struggling NRL club, starting with management, after the worst start to a season in their 18-year history.
Kemp says a losing culture is becoming ingrained and that calls to change players or remove first-year coach Matthew Elliott don't address the key problem.
"It needs to start at the top and you've got to look at everything that's going on," Kemp told AAP.
"Through your recruitment, your management style, the appointment of your coaches and the signing of players.
"They've had enough rope and it's not working. The culture of the club is creeping right down through to the playing ranks and needs to be completely changed."
Following an eight-match losing streak at the end of 2012, Elliott has overseen the worst start to any Warriors season since they were formed in 1995.
Their 2-8 record through 10 games is worse than a 3-7 start in four previous campaigns, including the first of Kemp's two seasons in charge in 2004. They also won two, drew two and lost six to begin 2000.
A club record 62-6 loss to the Panthers on Saturday was the last straw for former Kiwis centre Kemp.
He noted Steven Humphreys had resigned as chief executive of the last-placed Wests Tigers over the weekend. The Tigers have also lost eight games and sit narrowly behind the Warriors only on points differential.
If Warriors management don't follow suit, Kemp says it won't be long until millionaire club owners Eric Watson and Owen Glenn start sharpening their knives.
"They want success and I'm pretty sure they'll see there's something not right at that club and they'll need to change it," he said.
"They want success. They don't want a situation that we have now where the best young players in New Zealand are more attracted by offers to develop at an Australian club than they are to be at the Warriors."
Kemp says New Zealand is providing a growing base of players in the NRL but accuses the Warriors of ignoring the riches on their own doorstep.
"It's got a culture of `we're the best team and we're the only team in New Zealand, we don't have to do this' and they find themselves where they are today."