What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Storm our best friend's next saturday night

cadburys

Juniors
I know what you're all saying after this title thread, how can this be so.

It's quite simple, they knock off the Sharks on Saturday Night, then that's
one half of the equation tied off.

We just have to put everything on the line on Sunday, come away with the bickies and we are just about there.

All we have to do then is not get lapped in the last round.

It is an ask, but it's the best case scenario as far as next week is concerned.

Your thoughts
Cadburys

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

TigerMo

Juniors
Storm will win for sure. There defence and attack today was awesome. On top of that, Sharks are coming off the bye and you are always rusty at the beginning of your first game back (just like we were yesterday).

Sharks might have Kimmorley back but it'll take him time to settle in after his long stint with injury on the sidelines.

bonstonker

Juniors
our best friend is the tigers.

all we need is a win over the cowboys and we are in with cowboys and sharks playing each other the final round.
a loss f**ks up everything and has us needing results to go our way.

the cowboys game is the most important game of the year.
this is our true grand final.

Should we lose to the Cowboys, we are still certainities for the 8 if we beat the Knights regardless of other results (unless there is a massive blow in F/A)

Balmainia

Juniors
i have no doubt that that will happen

the real threat is the raiders

we must win 1/2 and the spot in the 8 is ours, in my opinion 8th spot is the only spot undecided

innsaneink

Referee
cadburys said:
I know what you're all saying after this title thread, how can this be so.

It's quite simple, they knock off the Sharks on Saturday Night, then that's
one half of the equation tied off.

We just have to put everything on the line on Sunday, come away with the bickies and we are just about there.

All we have to do then is not get lapped in the last round.

It is an ask, but it's the best case scenario as far as next week is concerned.

Your thoughts
Cadburys

[-o&lt, post: [-o&lt, member: [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<[/quote"]
Oh gee you had me going for a second.....

bonstonker

Juniors
the wounded magpie said:
Should we lose to the Cowboys, we are still certainities for the 8 if we beat the Knights regardless of other results (unless there is a massive blow in F/A)

if the sharks win both their matches and we lose to the cowboys then we miss the 8.

cadburys

Juniors
bonstonker said:
the wounded magpie said:

if the sharks win both their matches and we lose to the cowboys then we miss the 8.

This is exactly why i'll be a big Storm fan 7:30 next Saturday night.

Bury the sexwax.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

innsaneink

Referee
bonstonker said:
the wounded magpie said:

Only if newcastle beat us.

super_coach

First Grade
innsaneink said:
bonstonker said:
the wounded magpie said:

Only if newcastle beat us.

No thats right. If we lose to Cowboys and beat Newcastle we're on 26. Sharks beat both Storm and Cowboys they're on 28 and Cowboys beat Tigers and lose to Sharks they finish on 27.
That would mean we come 9th despite the fact that we beat the Knights.

Here's an easier equation: If we beat Cowboys then we are in the top 8 FOR SURE no matter what happens in the last week....(oh unless Sharks beat storm and then there is a draw the next week but meh what are the chances of that? ;-) )

Tigerpete

Juniors
But even then there are 2 spots up fro grab and F/A is heavily in our favour. It actually didnt occur to me that one of either the Cowboys or Sharks will lose their final game. Thats a prety big thing for us.

bonstonker

Juniors
if we beat the cowboys we are not assured of anything if other matches don't go our way.although we would be 7th and the firm favourite to get in the top 8.

if the knights win their match against the dogs and if f/a was the same as it is right now,they would need to win by 32 to pass the tigers,

so a 44-12 scoreline would see us miss out.

if the storm beat the sharks,dogs beat the knights and panthers beat the eels,then we are close to the semis but still not assured of anything.

the raiders would need a big win and the tigers a big loss to get in.

i'm certainly not taking anything for granted just yet.