What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Summary

benoir91

Juniors
*The pass from PJ to Thaiday with 40 seconds to go was forward I have watched the replay 12 times and it is forward each time, we get the scrum feed and most likely kick the field goal and win

*Hodges should have been sent off, it was late and riddell landed on his head

*The ref needs to understand that rugby league is a game where two teams compete not one

*Both the passes to Kemp were forward when he scored

*Hindmarsh catches the ball on half time we go in 18-10 and probably hold on

*Inu shouldve taken the last 2 conversions as they are from a right footers preferred side

*Mateo has the ball stripped obviously and Robinson doesn't blow the penalty and Brisbane end up with it

*Mateos pass to Hayne was no way forward and Hayne would have definetely scored

*One word - Grothe, if it wasn't for him we'd probably be in the top 4, he has cost us the Manly game, Brisbane game, Titans game

*Any othere referee today and we win easy

*Other than that, most entertaining game of the past 10 years

Last edited:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Summary why we Lost Kicking game IS non existent... Finch as well as he played kicked terribly, i dont care all week he should be doing kicking practice...

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Anyone remember the panthers game?
Let's just say you can't always have it your way. At the end of the day, if you're good enough, the football gods will smile on you as gus likes to phrase it.

Raging Rabbit

juniors
Spot on in regard to the first point, the rest are....well, lead ups to the climactic result.

Top game, you blokes played bloody well.

f**king Robinson - he is a spastic!!!! :x

The amount of games he has cost Souths is incredible and to see him make blunders costing other teams matches is like having a knife removed from your heart, only to bleed to death.

No joy. :oops:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I was defending Hayne a day or two ago, but I noticed one thing that disappointed me tonight ... he got beat and the Broncos raced away to eventually score. Hindmarsh was left trying to pull off a miracle save on the try line - BUT AT LEAST HE WAS THERE. Hayne is a player who has the speed to chase and could have been in position to take down the support player from behind (the Broncos slowed considerable to make their passes stick). What could have been foiled was made easy, just because Hayne didn't chase to correct his own defensive lapse.

I've only seen it once as it was played, so I could have perceived it wrong, but it looked like he dogged it that time.

Of course, Grothe's opposite winger scored FOUR tries ... which has to be indicative of some kind of defensive shortcoming. A lot of the Brisbane tries were well-crafted, but Kemp definitely made Eric look bad, which he himself compounded with two stupid passes leading to mistakes with the Eels in attacking positions. How can one guy be so good and so bad at the same time? Reddy and Grothe on the same side of the field is an invitation to oppositions that reads "ATTACK HERE".

Bazal

Post Whore
Robinson is a spastic, and anyone who even contemplates Reddy and Grothe on the same side should be taken out the back of Richie Benaud Oval and shot....but we should stand up straight and be proud, we were fantastic for the most part tonight...

bartman

Immortal
I was defending Hayne a day or two ago, but I noticed one thing that disappointed me tonight ... he got beat and the Broncos raced away to eventually score. Hindmarsh was left trying to pull off a miracle save on the try line - BUT AT LEAST HE WAS THERE. Hayne is a player who has the speed to chase and could have been in position to take down the support player from behind (the Broncos slowed considerable to make their passes stick). What could have been foiled was made easy, just because Hayne didn't chase to correct his own defensive lapse.

I've only seen it once as it was played, so I could have perceived it wrong, but it looked like he dogged it that time.

Exactly right. When Hayne was beat in the lead-up to what was Stagg's try, he was just slowly running back next to Stagg, and when Stagg put the pace on to back-up the movement, Hayne just dogged it. He could easily have been running alongside Stagg and putting pressure on him or being trying to pull off the "miracle tackle", but the prima donna was nowhere to be seen!

VERY disappointed in Hayne last night - that choice to not put in the same amount of effort as those around him could be said to have cost us the game last night, just as much as any of the overlaps and kicks over (during overlaps) that resulted in tries down Eric's wing.

I would punt Hayne right out of State of Origin if I was a selector and watched his effort during that Stagg try...

bartman

Immortal
As for the comments on the ref... I didn't feel too upset by any of his decisions. Lots of things in a game are line ball and go either way.

I don't think passes to Kemp for tries were forward, I don't think passes to Hayne in space were backward/legal, and I don't think the ref had any bearing on the result. We played well, it's just Bennett/Brisbane focussed on our ongoing right side of the field weakness and came up with the points.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
*The pass from PJ to Thaiday with 40 seconds to go was forward I have watched the replay 12 times and it is forward each time, we get the scrum feed and most likely kick the field goal and win

*Hodges should have been sent off, it was late and riddell landed on his head

*The ref needs to understand that rugby league is a game where two teams compete not one

*Both the passes to Kemp were forward when he scored

*Hindmarsh catches the ball on half time we go in 18-10 and probably hold on

*Inu shouldve taken the last 2 conversions as they are from a right footers preferred side

*Mateo has the ball stripped obviously and Robinson doesn't blow the penalty and Brisbane end up with it

*Mateos pass to Hayne was no way forward and Hayne would have definetely scored

*One word - Grothe, if it wasn't for him we'd probably be in the top 4, he has cost us the Manly game, Brisbane game, Titans game

*Any othere referee today and we win easy

*Other than that, most entertaining game of the past 10 years

If you think Hodges should have been sent off then surely you think Hayne should have been sent off right? As late as you can get (after the whistle has been blown), lifted and drove Carroll onto his neck. Or what about Oake's "elbow to the face" fend to shake off Denan Kemp and set up Burt for the try? No comment on that one? Had that try been sent to video ref, it would have been denied and Oake would most likely have warmed a seat for ten minutes if not the rest of the match. Intentional foul play.

Both teams deserved the win last night but the Broncos just obviously wanted it more. You could tell on that very last set that Parramatta were content to just have a breather and go to golden point, and Brisbane could have done the same, but they chanced their hand and came up with the points. The Eels were caught napping on that right side and paid the price.

Clearly the ref had lost control of the match, but this clearly also did not affect the result. The bad calls went both ways. Any other referee and I suspect it would have been the same result.

eel4life

Juniors
summary should really be ...

parramatta search for perfection .... yet they dish out rubbish ....